What's new

Darksoft

Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

We finally managed to get Namco System 1 Multi ready! Someone fancy Splatterhouse? Or Dangerous Seed? Maybe Dragon spirit? :thumbsup:

As you can see in the picture below it's a pretty big PCB. It supports all games! As each game has some security in place, you need patched versions of these.

We wanted to make something simple, that would allow for inmediate change of games without too much hassle programming the flashes. Similar to what @Apocalypse is doing but with less chips to program.

Adding the usual microcontroller + microSD + LCD would have made the project much longer and expensive. Given that the amount of games is not big and we don't foresee many hacks special versions happening we want for this approch:

Namco_System1_Multi.jpeg

To program each of the modules you just need to remove it and insert in a Proman aka TL86_PLUS using an adapter that we provide.

Price will be about 320 EUR. I'll keep you all updated as soon as we are ready to take orders.

@Mitsurugi-w will receive one copy in the following days and will shoot a video about it.

NEW PICTURES ADDED 03/11/2020

Namco_System_1_Packing_1.jpeg

Namco_System_1_Packing_2.jpeg

Oh man,finally a proper multi for this system. I almost got one of those 4n1 kits. So glad I held off. Awesome stuff as always my friend! :thumbsup:
Ofcourse I will get 1, maybe 2 if I can find a spare board ;)

YES!

I'm so in for this :)

Thats a really clever way to bridge the gap between an expensive multi with FPGA and a simple ROM banking multi. :thumbsup:

In for 1. Was actually looking at these games the other day in a stream. Was wondering where the multi was 8o

In for 1. Was actually looking at these games the other day in a stream. Was wondering where the multi was 8o
I was looking for a spare, not any longer. The are 2 multis that have been available, basically 4in1s for vertical/hori games. Almost got those, glad I held off, plus dont need to have 2 boardsets, etc..

Man, you guys never cease to amaze me with what else I can spend my money on.
Put me on the list.

@frsj8112 exactly. Games are changed with dip switches. The final version has the dipswitches attached so you can use a cable extension to take them to the front if your cabinet.

@frsj8112 exactly. Games are changed with dip switches. The final version has the dipswitches attached so you can use a cable extension to take them to the front if your cabinet.
Nice!

The screenshot looks like a video, do you have a finished product to show off? :D

I’m in for one!
Glad I didn’t sell my Galaga 88!

Back