What's new

Stillwatertrout

Student
Reaction score
I have most the games already. There 7 I don't have. The stuff about suicide. Which I have had b boards for 20 years now and never had one fail. But I got to have my ts crossed. Very excited. And little scared. Gotta kill one. Grey green or blue dont know. May just sit there till one does. Either way I'm stocked that no matter what I'll be gaming forever. Love me some cps2 ya know.

Thanks
Darksoft

• I know with key. But I have to remove chips.might as well be killing.its just hard for me to kill an original working board. So I have some thinking to do before it comes. Maybe X-Men would be the candidate for destruction.
  1. sure the heck isn't going to all my hard to get expensive ones
  2. Seeing what's happening since I started neo and jamma way back when. Im glad I was in before this stuff got rare and expensive. I got a new d&d for 199. New in box and everything. Dumb me threw the box away.

Last edited:
you’re being unnecessarily dramatic, and the reason I’m pushing back is that it USED to require killing a board. Now it does not, and it’s not helpful to have a thread on here where it looks like it’s still true.

This multi is now a reversible mod. You’re not killing anything. (Though who would ever want to remove the multi... :thumbsup: )

I did a grey board because Asian versions of the games suck. Example is Ryu in MvC doesn't say hadouken when he throws a fireball. Heresy! Unforgivable!

I only have a couple of Grey's. And a board is unique to grey. A dies then searching for one sucks

Ekorz. Can you you eleborate on not necessary to kill anymore. And yes your correct once multi is in why would you ever want to remove and go back.

Yes I'm being overly dramatic or ridiculous or whatever I'm being but I been collecting for 30 years. So they have a place in my heart.

Yeah just store the roms you pull off of the pcb in a safe place and enjoy!

The CPS2 Multi comes packed with a very convenient pink hard foam, inside a nice box with the darksoft logo, pull out all your original roms and use the foam inside the package to store the roms by piercing the foam with the pins of the roms, place them in the same order as they were on the board and desolder the original battery and place it inside as well, store the nice box with your roms, if at any moment you decide that you want to restore your board for whatever reason just put everything back how it was before and use arcade hacker's method with the arduino to restore the game keys so it will look and behave like a factory board, very easy and quick. And since you kept the original package you can store your CPS2 Multi.

personally I enjoy the ease of use of the multi, I hope soon I can share my results to consolize it, still a work in progress.

Ekorz. Can you you eleborate on not necessary to kill anymore. And yes your correct once multi is in why would you ever want to remove and go back.

Yes I'm being overly dramatic or ridiculous or whatever I'm being but I been collecting for 30 years. So they have a place in my heart.
how will your heart feel when the original batteries all leak and corrode the games? You need to get rid of the original batteries or replace them, one way or the other. When you do, the security keys are lost while the battery is off the board, but now we can inject the keys back into the board (after much amazing research, which was assisted by the multi). So it’s good-as-new after the battery has been replaced. Most people use an infinikey instead since it injects the keys and omits the battery entirely. Original game, original code, no suicide battery.

So you should actually ‘kill‘ all your boards and remove all the batteries. Pick your method to replace the battery with a new one, or install infinikeys. Otherwise they will all actually die, and not being overly dramatic, the leaking battery acid would make them borderline irreparable. Yum. Delicious trace repair.

Installing a multi is removing the battery (which we now agree should be happening anyway) and removing the roms which are socketed. You don’t even need to touch the jumpers. Depending on the revision (I’d use a rev7 board to negate this) maybe you have to run a separate jumper wire that can be removed later. @Mitsurugi-w should update his videos... ;)

But after a few minutes work you could remove the multi, replace all the original roms to your board, give it a new battery or infinikey, and you’re good as new.

Last edited:
  1. Thanks bud
Your right I should kill all of them. Alot of work, but in the long term your right.

Damn batteries. Not putting more batteries in. Key them all. so I have to order a shit load of keys. We're would my best bet be to get in bulk?

I will do it like this. A key a day will take the battery away.

Last edited:
  1. Thanks bud
Your right I should kill all of them. Alot of work, but in the long term your right.

Damn batteries. Not putting more batteries in. Key them all. so I have to order a shit load of keys. We're would my best bet be to get in bulk?

I will do it like this. A key a day will take the battery away.
@undamned used to sell them in 10’s direct, maybe he still does
I do :) Just shoot me a PM, Stillwater.
-ud

The CPS2 Multi comes packed with a very convenient pink hard foam, inside a nice box with the darksoft logo, pull out all your original roms and use the foam inside the package to store the roms by piercing the foam with the pins of the roms, place them in the same order as they were on the board and desolder the original battery and place it inside as well, store the nice box with your roms, if at any moment you decide that you want to restore your board for whatever reason just put everything back how it was before and use arcade hacker's method with the arduino to restore the game keys so it will look and behave like a factory board, very easy and quick. And since you kept the original package you can store your CPS2 Multi.

personally I enjoy the ease of use of the multi, I hope soon I can share my results to consolize it, still a work in progress.
Please do NOT store the battery in the box with the ROMs. The batteries often explode and heat from sitting inside plastic in the box won't help.

If the battery explodes it will melt that foam and you will end up with a horrible toxic mess that will leak out through the cardboard.

I personally didn’t store it inside the box, I replaced another battery on a different board with it, but good call I never thought of that.

Another good reason to switch to the undamned boards so you can forget about the second suicide by chemicals. There is more at risk leaving the battery trying to keep it “complete” than updating a flawed system to avoid imminent dead.

Back