What's new

Matan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

Just got the kit 2 days ago and installed it today.
I've used a ver4 board that had DPAL chip in it. I bought the GPAL and lifted leg 9 and connected it to J17 on the cps2 multi.
All the boards sit firmly on the B board (Dark Stalkers).
I've downloaded the Darksoft CPS2 OLD Decrypted and tried to copy the Game folder to my 32GB SD card.
The LCD tells me to choose a game, the TV screen at that time is solid blue.
I choose one, it flashes, write key and says complete and TV is still solid.
I recycle power it says now playing the game I chose, but tv screen is still solid blue.

I did not wire the key writing wires. I have no intension of doing it (at least now). I read it is possible to run the decrypted roms perfectly (that's why I've downloaded the OLD decrypted pack).

What am I doing wrong? is it the 32GB SD? ||

Are the A and B boards firmly seated together?

And did you remove the suicide battery and short the capacitor?

They are firmly attached. I double checked.
I received the board as Dark Stalkers, suicided already (blue screen) even if the battery was showing 3.6V.
I've removed the battery but did not short the capcitor. which one should i short?

I shorted it. Still blue screen.
I've attached pictures of my setup and the screen.

Attachments

• pictures.pdf
    772.7 KB · Views: 234
Your small interconnect board is on backwards

Thank you :thumbup:
I've reconnected it.
Attached pictures.
Still blue screen.
The blue screen is there from the minute I turn on the supergun, while choosing a game, while it flashes and after that.
I've got a small resistor on CN2. Could that be the problem?
Am I using the correct set of roms?

Attachments

• pictures2.pdf
    746.9 KB · Views: 216
resistor is not a problem. Have tried other games?

On the 4 ports where the B board connects to the A board, are there any bent pins on the A board? Also you might want to ensure that all the pins from the darksoft main board and the bottom (i believe program rom board) have pins that are aligned and are going into the socket. Sometimes there could be just the slight misalignment which would cause these pins to bend if they are not aligned to start with when installing the boards.

Reinstall the Darkstalkers ROMs with a decrypted main program and see if it boots.

I think your B board may be bad given you said it was already showing a solid colour screen but the battery still had a voltage. You need to know you have a working board before you move onto multi installation so you're not trying to work out which part is at fault.

The screen you're seeing doesn't look like a suicide screen to me, it looks like it's not loading main program.

Thank you all for the replay.
So I've changed my SD card and then got a few purple screens, after a few resets, I loaded a game the screen began to scramble and when it finished loading, I got a message in the game's font stating "RAM ERROR"
I got the same message in several games.

I've attached pictures

What can be the problem?

Attachments

• pictures3.pdf
    844.9 KB · Views: 190
You have a faulty A or B board. You need to fix that and have it working before the multi will work, or use another working set

It's possible that you still don't have a good connection between A and B but either way you need to fix that first. I would suggest reinstalling Darkstalkers and getting that working with decrypted ROMs before moving onto multi installation

Back