What's new
Ahh, I see. Well, whatever is the cause, I'm still sure your screen will clear up with a good demag.

Ahh, I see. Well, whatever is the cause, I'm still sure your screen will clear up with a good demag.
Yup, got a GC Electronics Model 9317 Degaussing Coil on its way.

Also check the insulation of the degaussing wire going around the frame and the CRT, it may have been damaged and it may be touching a metallic part causing your troubles ?

So after hitting it with the degaussing coil, I can no longer detect anything out of place with the gaussmeter. So, guess it was just the monitor frame after all... still having issues with the consoler cable bundle hitting some carts. Seems that a few of mine (which may be in after market shells) are slightly larger and hit something. Will have to bust out the endoscope to figure out what's hitting what.

Mitsu- did you ever figure yours out?

I had a KI cab that was the same way. Drove me fucking bonkers.

Unfortunately all of my cabs have been in storage for 4 years. Unable to get to it.

So looking into the other issue, of something hitting the carts when the panel is closed... It's not the wiring bundle. I frankly can't see ANYTHING making contact. If I had to guess, it's the metal tray where the PCMCIA and headphone board would mount for a 4-6 slot board.
IMG_0616.jpg

Back