What's new

yombunker

Beginner
Reaction score
I bought a Sega Race TV cabinet and once i plugged it in, i have no image, nothing. no bios, no error code, zero. I tested the PSU and the voltages are fine, and HDD is spinning and i see lights on some PCI cards and the video card fans are spinning. Is this a common issue with this boxes? i've the game installation DVD and the chip. I'm thinking the GPU is dead, but, i don't know how to test that theory. can i just use that card on another PC and check if it works?

anything that can guide me closer to fixing it it's welcome. :)

CRT screen? Does the monitor actually turn on? Do you feel static on the surface of the screen?

If you're not getting sound either and the start button on the dash isn't lighting up, it's likely that the game isn't even booting.

How did you test the PSU? Was it connected to the board when you measured voltages? I suspect it's the PSU. You can try swapping in a PC ATX power supply and see what happens.

It's a LCD monitor, and does turn on and says no signal. all the PCBs for the controls light up as well. But there's no game sound/video coming from the cabinet.
I checked the PSU with a multimiter and i made sure the voltages were correct out of it. i tried booting the HDD on a normal computer and it just told me there wasn't a bootable section. And i don't have a Lindeberg DVD drive to try to reinstall the game onto it.

Can i just place the GPU on a normal computer and should work? or is there another way to test the GPU is working?
Thanks for your time BTW.

You can place the GPU on a normal computer and see if it works, yes. And if it does work, try reseating the memory sticks, and then try connecting a PC PSU to it.

haven't found an old computer that has an AGP slot, or a GPU with the AGP interface :( the other arcades i've that have a non PCB game their GPU uses PCIe

I removed the GPU and the board did make a beep after a while, which means it's really trying to access it, so it shouldn't be the board i guess, and i unplugged everything and plugged it back in with no luck, just black screen. i changed the CMOS battery and also tried resetting the CMOS settings by changing the pin to the 1-2 position. Still nothing in the screen. I just bought a 7800gs from another Lindbergh (same as mine) to see if that solved the issue, i'll update whenever it arrives.

Ok, the GPU arrived and i swapped the GPU, and.... Nothing. i try doing the CMOS drain for like 30min and nothing as well. everything seems to be doing something, but, there's just no output. should i replace the mother board? or just not bother anymore and swap the whole Lindbergh case? Or just take the lost and sell it as non functional? Any advise would be appreciate it.

Did you even try reseating the RAM and a different PSU?

I didn't tried different PSU as i can't find one that has the same pin configuration as mine (But, i did check with a multimeter that the voltages were correct, and they were). And i did remove the RAM and place it again, with no luck. But normally when the RAM is the issue in a normal computer, you can still post and then get an error message. My issues is that i don't get anything, no video, no audio, just a black screen, so i'm fixing things blind.

That's true about the motherboard posting and it beeping with faulty RAM. Which is why you should definitely try a different PSU. It's just a standard ATX connector on the Lindbergh. You don't have to use the other, smaller connector at all.

Voltages don't always tell the truth with PSUs.

Back