What's new

davidcoolman

Student
Reaction score
Hello AP community!

I'm a french retro video-games enthousiast. I've started in the 80's with MSX and stucked to PC until the 2000's where i quited the continuous upgrading thing and moved to consoles.

Like most here i'm a SEGA Fan and i started collecting Sega cabs from the 90's quite recently (daytona/virtua cop/naomi/M3 harley) :thumbsup: .

I love hardware though i'm not into emulation and try to fix as much as possible. I would like to gain knowledge in fixing monitors (CRT of course).
Although i have the deepest respect for the cosmetics part of restoration, i really just want to make things run :D

glad to be part of A-P and hope to contribute at some point

Best

Welcome! I'm glad you're a cool man, because we need more of that here! Jump in and tell us about some of your prior repairs!

Welcome! I'm glad you're a cool man, because we need more of that here! Jump in and tell us about some of your prior repairs!
Well after turning 30 and having kids not really "that cool" anylonger but i kept the nickname :rolleyes:

Regarding my fixings, never relly kept track of what i did but 90% of the cabs i collected had broken / worn monitors so i spent quite a while hunting 29" CRTs for Sega cabs (actually still doing) also had some results doing the fixing h/v deflexion colapse with transitors changes, capacitors kits... i even got a rejuvenator tester from Heathkit but never used that... yet.
I wish i can learn to test more like the flyback HV with some retired tv repair people but time is missing: i have to admit its easyer to read someone else work in web with ipad than spending a saturday away from home to do so.

Regarding future projects:
i wand to convert a sega virtuacop to virtuacop + gun dreamcast + atomiswave that will require monitor input/frequency switch for 15/25khz
I'm big fan of simulators and i wish to build controls for Saga Airline pilots on Naomi

Again, really happy to join your community as i spent a while reading you contributions and wish to contribute myself someday :thumbup:

Back