What's new
Can I use this as part of consolizing an MVS-1C, which I then want to connect to my OSSC? Or is there a better solution for that?

It will work fine for that (ie the same video path as when I use my MVS with Jammafier+Jassifier).
Just remember to get MVS to sync with OSSC you need to adjust...

Neogeo (ALL versions tested so far including AES)
  • Pre/Post Coast 3
  • H Threshold 10.0+ (or until lock)
These settings aren't a "Jassifier thing" they have been needed on everything from the HAS to homemade SGs.

I used those settings on my MVS and didn't ever get a sync on the OSSC to my LCD TV. I'm wondering if I need to try installing one of those dual frequency oscillator boards to get it working correctly.

Hiya Jassin, viewing this after seeing it mentioned in the CMVS RGB thread, what are the C1-C4 values? 220uF 16V? The BoM on digikey is private from what I can tell, it just loads into my BOM manager without displaying what you linked.

Oh joy. OSH Park only lets you order in batches of three or more. Which means I will have a pair that are likely gonna collect dust if I don't do something about it.
I just did this exact thing, and was able to pass on the other two at cost to community members. So I don't think you will be left holding the extras... just post here and I am feel people will snag them. They work great!

Yea just look back at the history/posts in this thread, a few people are requesting built units.

You could order three, build three, keep one and because you worked to assemble it...
Not feel bad about passing *some* cost to the buyers (making yours almost free). :whistling: :saint:

Well, I built all three of mine, and all three are fucked in the same way. If you turn the red down below 80%, the entire picture goes out. Even when all three are at 100%, the picture is still missing color. I've tried balancing them and still no dice.

I'm not sure what I've done wrong here.

IMG_20200916_100906.jpg

IMG_20200916_100933.jpg

Only thing I would question is U1, is the orientation correct?

is the orientation correct?
Yea I can't really see but I think U1 might be backwards?

@DoktorSleepless
You should be aware that turning a channel completely down can cause the OSSC to drop the signal/sync as well (80% however shouldn't be an issue, I'm talking more like 95%+).

Last edited by a moderator:
U1 is definitely soldered backwards.

Oh, I see it now, sorry. Yes it looks like the correct orientation so don't waste time and effort de-soldering.

Can you show a close up photo, top and bottom, of one PCB.

Is there any bridging on the mini DIN 8 connector?

Maybe clean off the flux too.

Bar does go at the top. How would it even work backwards??

A lot of those solder joints look pretty suspect.

I'd go over your work again.

A lot of those solder joints look pretty suspect.
Yeah, I know. Some of 'em took really well, the others fought me tooth and nail. Specifically, the ones without the black circles around them. They were the only ones that gave me a really hard time.

Back