What's new

K0NAM1

Student
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a newbie on Neo-Geo hardware, if you were just starting out and wanted to dip your toe in the water (I <3 Metal Slug 3), the cheapest way possible but taking future expandability into account, what would you buy, I have an OSSC if it helps?

LEVEL UP if you can point me to reasonably priced listing.

GOD MODE if the seller is in Australia.

Cheers
Richard

MVS 1 slot that has controller ports, the DS multicart, and you're done.

Don’t forget unibios. The latest version is now free.
My experience is the unibios and the DS cart are mortal enemies.

But I'm also using a 4 slot, and those hate the DS cart anyway...

Switch hobbys while you still can. What about stamps?
Why are you selling a penny black, one careful owner?
I have no clue what that is, so I'll just give you a real answer.

Have you looked into a mister setup? It has an excellent Neo Geo core. If it's something you dig and want real hardware you can sell a mister real easy.

Have you looked into a mister setup? If has an excellent Neo Geo core. If it's something you dig and want real hardware you can sell a mister real easy.
And given how often parts of it are out of stock, probably for a profit.

Switch hobbys while you still can. What about stamps?
Why are you selling a penny black, one careful owner?
I have no clue what that is, so I'll just give you a real answer.
Have you looked into a mister setup? It has an excellent Neo Geo core. If it's something you dig and want real hardware you can sell a mister real easy.
The Penny Black was the world's first adhesive postage stamp used in a public postal system.

I should have said no emulation, I remember thinking it at the time when I created the thread.

I already have all the hardware for MiSTer, I just haven't been bothered to install it

There is no saving me, I'm already in deep, my CPS2 including multi arrived in the post yesterday!

My experience is the unibios and the DS cart are mortal enemies.
I didn’t realize. I don’t have the Neo multi yet. Neo is the only board I actually collect carts on for some reason.

There is no saving me, I'm already in deep, my CPS2 including multi arrived in the post yesterday!
I don't think you know what the word deep means yet. You'll get there.

I didn’t realize. I don’t have the Neo multi yet. Neo is the only board I actually collect carts on for some reason.
I just collect handheld carts. Vita, 3DS, Switch. Otherwise I'm happy to grab a multi/everdrive/ODE and be done for most things.

@jassin000 loves his MV-1FZ (compact design, normal JAMMA edge, socketed BIOS).

@yavuzg small single slots: Look for models where BIOS is socketed (i.e. 1A or 1FZ). Easy Unibios installation. Smaller to ship, less power consumption, compact design, practical use.

So I think I want to hunt down a 1A or 1FZ?

A mister isn't emulation. Just saying.
giphy.gif

emulation
/ɛmjʊˈleɪʃ(ə)n/

noun: emulation; plural noun: emulation
    • COMPUTING reproduction of the function or action of a different computer, software system, etc."software emulation of complete systems"

So if you're against emulation, you do know that the darksoft multi is, by your standards, emulating. Right?

Back