What's new
> IIRC RingSystems were custom

The motherboards for the Ring* were made from 3 different manufacturers. The common one is the MSI MS-9667, which you can find bits online about unrelated to SEGA but I'm unsure if it was ever used in anything other than the Ring* - so far more custom than the Gigabyte one in the Alls!

Interesting that they've gone for such high specs with this machine - Lindy + Ring* seemed fairly low-spec for their time compared to this.

Reactions: AMS
The motherboards for the Ring* were made from 3 different manufacturers. The common one is the MSI MS-9667, which you can find bits online about unrelated to SEGA but I'm unsure if it was ever used in anything other than the Ring*
Well, the Ring mobos had the extra connector on them for the sub-board along the top, I've seen a few PNs thrown around but I've yet to see one that actually has a layout that matches a ring mobo exactly.

I'm sure Sega Subbed it out to a PC mobo company, and I'm sure they modified the PCB of an existing model for Sega, but I'd be astonished if any of those actually found their way into the consumer market.

This ALLS board looks like it "IS" a consumer model, not "Based On" a consumer model. That's a very important distinction.

Has anyone done any more testing of the I/O controller?

I'm interested to know if it really has a built in JVS (RS485) to USB converter?

If it does, what does Windows recognize it as? I.e. does it show up in the control panel like a regular joystick?

Can it be used on other Sega PC based arcades via the USB connection or do you have to use the regular JVS ports when using a Lindberg or Ringedge?

Has anyone done any more testing of the I/O controller?

I'm interested to know if it really has a built in JVS (RS485) to USB converter?

If it does, what does Windows recognize it as? I.e. does it show up in the control panel like a regular joystick?

Can it be used on other Sega PC based arcades via the USB connection or do you have to use the regular JVS ports when using a Lindberg or Ringedge?
I made some test with io. Jvs mode works great in ringedge system it's plug and play. I plugged io to pc you can see the io board name in joystick but impossible to use it analog inputs Seems not to work or detected. If I run teknoparrot in dinput mode for a Game buttons works but not analog such as steer and pedals. Maybe need a driver for analog don't know.

I made some test with io. Jvs mode works great in ringedge system it's plug and play. I plugged io to pc you can see the io board name in joystick but impossible to use it analog inputs Seems not to work or detected. If I run teknoparrot in dinput mode for a Game buttons works but not analog such as steer and pedals. Maybe need a driver for analog don't know.
Thanks.

That is interesting that it works as a regular digital joystick.

It doesn't surprise me that Teknoparrot wouldn't work with it for analog controls. TP only seems to work with direct input and Xinout analog controllers. I've always had trouble using analog devices that output like HID controllers in Windows like my Apac and UHID.

Have you tried it with Mame to see if analog control inputs are recognized ?

i didnt try mame but i tried to calibrate in windows ( you have the io name that is showed ) but its impossible , nothing works and you have the cross that move in all sides . if i try steer or pedals nothing happening . need a driver to work i think it will be very usefull if someone find a solution .

i didnt try mame but i tried to calibrate in windows ( you have the io name that is showed ) but its impossible , nothing works and you have the cross that move in all sides . if i try steer or pedals nothing happening . need a driver to work i think it will be very usefull if someone find a solution .
Is it possible that the analog inputs on the I/O board are on different pins when using it via USB?

I wonder if it would work on some of the PC based JVS games that work outside of Teknoparrot like Operation Ghost and Time Crisis 5 - games where JVS input can be switched on or off in the config file.

If it doesn't work with these games then maybe Sega simply abandoned the JVS protocols for the USB output.

If it requires drivers then they'd be found on House of the Dead Scarlet Dawn or one of the few others sold with a USB compatible I/O.

The ALLS in my ALL.Net P-ras Multi cab is more or less the same as the one @AMS has:

Gigabyte MDH11BM rev. 1.0
2x8GB of DDR4
ELSA GeForce GTX1070 8GB ST for SEGA

It has two drives. One smaller SSD and a larger HDD.

Sorry, no idea what CPU. I didn't have any thermal paste on hand, so I left the CPU alone.

Probably comes as no surprise to anyone, but the AMI BIOS is password protected.

Non riesco ad andare avanti rimane così
IMG_20220803_135207.jpg

@darkgame i know you are new but please talk English. And also when pm me in English please and no asking for keys or hacks as that’s not the way to go here . Thank you

This system is very new and still at many arcades. We can't allow for this here, sorry.

my bad , i thought seen as those passwords were shown no harm for the others

Back