What's new

Escarioth

Grand Master
Reaction score
Had a lot of people for my little girl's birthday and everyone wanted to play arcade games.

Well.. It didnt go well with the screen.

Anyone ever experienced stuff like that?
Ill sure take any help

Edit : i asked @Mitsurugi-w to move this to the monitor thread, sorry for the mistake. Misclicked with cell yesterday

Last edited:
Could be a bad solder joint or a loose connector. Disconnect the video input connecter, turn the cab on, turn up brightness so you have a visible raster on screen and see if it's still jumping about.

Looks like cold solder on the rgb header.

thanks for the infos.

things i learned:

-looking for solder joint and look at them to see if they're good.
-The monitor control's cable plug can be the culprit of this problem if its loose... (on the MK2 cab you dont really get a good sight of the plug since there's a small wood plank just above it)
-That cable can get loose when freaking BARBIES are inserted into the machine.

kid logic... insert quarters and you can play....no more quarter...then lets put everything we can find, that way maybe we can play more. o_o
(i had to remove a part of the control deck yesterday for replacement and they were inserted from that hole...stuff caugh the control cable along the way...)

¬_¬

Last edited:
Yeah, you just need to narrow down your options. Disconnecting the video input connecter is one, removing the extension between the remote is another. Should be an easy fix once you find your problem area.

thats either a bad solder joint or the remote board bad connection or the vertical ic failing
plug the remote directly onto the chassis first

thats either a bad solder joint or the remote board bad connection or the vertical ic failing
plug the remote directly onto the chassis first

the problem was the monitor controls plug getting loose under the joystick....
didnt check at first because...why would it go loose...i fixed it pretty well.

my kids found a way to inserts Barbies into the cab and they got to the cable by falling on

its ok now :)

Back