What's new

ITATTRACTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Hope everyone is safe/healthy.

Looking for some advice,
Replaced batteries for 7 CPS2 B boards over the weekend, all went smoothly, no issues. A previously working (as in 10 mins prior) MvC board however is booting to a brown/dark red screen after it’s battery change. Battery shows a 3.6 charge, but thinking it may have been the cause, I removed it and tried another new battery. Same result. Solder points look solid, no broken traces that I can see.

I’m fairly new to CPS2 ownership, could I have killed this board? Or is there anything off the top of your heads that I might be missing or could try?

Thanks as always.

AJ

Last edited:
Very likely a suicide. You can always use the suicide tester chips online from Razoola to double check, but it’s almost certain.

If you’ve confirmed it, it’s up to you how to go from there to revive. There’s a couple of options available.

Damn. I’m kicking myself then. This board was fine and had a battery replacement three years ago. I lumped it in with the rest of the boards just to get them all done on the same date so I’d know moving forward that they were all in unison. The battery that was in there showed a pretty good charge too. I thought when disconnecting the battery I had at least 20 mins to work with. I did the swap in 10 tops, if that.
Off to the resurrection.

Sounds like you didn’t dawdle and did everything right. Again, double check with tester chips, or at least verify it wasn’t something else giving you a false positive (low PSU voltage, bad connection with A and B boards).

But if you feel confident the rest of the B boards were fine using the same methods, just not this one, then yeah, I’d suspect it died.

Back