What's new

muffman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello. I have ran into an issue with setting up my coin mechanisms and was hoping I could pick some of your brains for troubleshooting ideas.

I have two Vewlix Black Diamonds that I am trying to get the coin mechanisms working with a pair of Arthrimius Vewlix Console I/0's and so far no luck. I do not have any other I/O's or anything else to use to troubleshoot with. My suspicion is that there is no power going to the coin mechanisms but I am unable to find any wires or anything disconnected. That being said I am a newb and could very easily be missing what wires are not hooked up correctly. All the wires I see labeled C(I believe these are for the coin mechanism) are connected correctly as far as I can tell. The Taito tokens I have are being rejected which is another reason I think the coin mechanisms are not getting power. I found the tiny wire lever on the back side of the coin mechanisms that triggers the switch for the coin mechanism but still nothing seems to register when I get the switch to activate. So far my Google Fu is failing me and I have tried all four of the different coin mechanism button-mapping options on the Console I/O.

1. Any ideas? Is there a beep or something to listen out for when the cabinets power on to let you know the coin mechanisms are receiving power like I read some cabinets do?
2. Is there a way to adjust the coin mechanism to accept Taito tokens once I have power if the coins still are not accepted once I have power to the coin mechanisms(assuming it is a power issue). Could they be configured for Yen and I have to make an adjustment?

So I have an update. It turns out that just both of the Coin Mechanism were not actually hooked up. I was able to follow the wires and connect them and now my coin mechanisms work when I push down the switch arm of the switch for coins with my hand.

However, when I insert Taito tokens they get rejected to the coin return. I have power now to the coin mechanism so I think the issue is the coin mechanism is just currently configured for Yen. I found a flat head bolt that is maybe used to adjust the coin mechanism but wanted to confirm if anyone knows how to adjust these for other coins before I started messing with it as it does not seem to want to turn easily.

Finally found this. Not certain how I kept missing it.

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/AD-81P_Coin_Acceptor

Still playing with it and making adjustments. Found there was a magnet in the coin mechanism used to prevent token usage if it is meant for monetary coins that I had to take out. Seems like the issue I am running into is what this guide points to in step 5 in dealing with the "pins". The pins are much too large for the Taito tokens I am trying to use and they are not grabbing the coin. It says to just bend them, but the gap is pretty huge so hoping for some input before I just start bending them.

Don't bother with all that bullshit, just get one of these Any Coins...
0YcTv8a.jpg

pejWHdg.jpg

I've been really happy with mine (own three for my three machines).
Clearly no good for a real operating/commercial environment but for home use they rock.

Back