What's new

any

Beginner
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea?
The side of the picture start as wavy
cold1.jpeg
when the monitor warm up the problem will extend to almost all the picture.
warm2.jpg
warm3.jpg

Do anyone know where to buy or have the datascheet of the diode D401(FMV-3GMR) at the right price...

Thanks

It's capacitor related. Maybe someone knows which one(s) exactly. I just replaced all of them on several chassis, but there's like 60+ caps / board, so it's a few hours of work. The two caps that were in the worst state on almost of the boards were the two 33uF 160V caps, between the flyback and the filter cap. They were domed and leaking.

Thanks, I've try to cool down some caps with "cooler spray" (I don't know the english name), but not on that caps, will try!!!

hi! weired issue,
try to shoot a message at forum.arcadeotaku.com. grantspain, among others are really tallented people. please post back what you found

Will do!!!
It's related to H size, If I reduce the size of the image the problem go away. I don't think I will have time to do some testing soon, but I will update this post for sure

caps, hv caps and flyback all cause this but first check for bad solder joints, some will not be obvious

Thanks man,
I'm not a fan of recap a monitor, I try to diagnose the problem...
I have some ripple on +12V rail that change (getting bigger) when I enlarge the image

Will check the solder joints too!!!

Got it working (well for a day... now the lindbergh have problem)
The problem was on the 12V rail as suspected.
I changed the follow caps
C834 1000uF
C839 10uF
C438 470uF
C409 470uF

Back