What's new

iTRDC2

Student
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have one IGS PGM 1 with video ISSUEs.
By running the tests (Sound, RAM, ect ...) i get no errors.

Here is how it looks Dragon World 3 running on the board:
3iDPZz.jpg

Anyone has any idea of what it can be or where to start troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance,
iTRDC2

Assume you cleaned the cart and motherboard contacts? Also, have you tested other carts on the motherboard and/or the cart on other motherboards? Same results or different etc? Worth the simple steps to help narrow things down.

Assume you cleaned the cart and motherboard contacts? Also, have you tested other carts on the motherboard and/or the cart on other motherboards? Same results or different etc? Worth the simple steps to help narrow things down.
Hello @RandomRetro,

Carts and motherboard contacts are cleaned. I tested with other cars and the result is the same (video issues also with other carts).
If it helps, I have another board that is fully working.

Best Regards,
iTRDC2

Are there any bulging or leaking capacitors on the motherboard?

This error is normally the cart slot. BUT i have seen it were no matter what you do.. it does the same thing to every cart. One fix was a corroded pin on the cart slot. I have to run a few wires directly to fix it.

You said you have cleaned the slot and carts?? Can you make sure the slot PCB is fully pushed together with the motherboard??

Do you have a SINGLE or DUAL wipe cart slot??

T.

Beyond what @GC8TECH suggested, since you have one good motherboard you could swap out the slot PCB. Try the good one on the 'bad' motherboard, and the 'bad' slot PCB on the 'good' motherboard. Just would help narrow more things down without much effort.

Based on the graphics I expect "A" ROMs, maybe a dodgy address line? ("B" ROMs control the outline, "T" ROMs are the scrolling backdrop graphics.)

That is the lower board that has just ROMs on it, look for chips labelled with something starting with"A".

Edit: PGM Cartridge pinout This is a summary of the information I discovered by probing the cartridge connector. I hope it helps to narrow down where to look for problems.

Last edited:
Back