What's new

Notsuoh

Student
Reaction score
Hi,
I have just installed my Darksoft CPS2 Multi and I'm getting corrupted sound/music in all my games. I have a series 7 Asian B board. It was working perfectly with Street Fighter Zero 2. I have since reinstalled SFZ2 and it is working fine. I have re-seated the A and B board, all the Darksoft boards and the issue remains. I have the correct jumper settings, however on the jumper bank 3, I have shorts even when they are open, there are traces on the underside of the board which cause this so it is not something I have done. I purchased my kit from HighScoreSaves.com and purchased a preburnt GAL16v8d ic. I have lifted pin 7 on both the supplied GAL and the original PAL ic and ran the jumper wire to the j17 point on the Darksoft main board. Nothing works. It is very depressing to say the least. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you. ;(

What traces on the bottom are you talking about? They shouldnt short unless there is z problem elsewhere on the pcb.

Are there jumper wires on the bottom?

What traces on the bottom are you talking about? They shouldnt short unless there is z problem elsewhere on the pcb.

Are there jumper wires on the bottom?
Hi,
In jumper bank 3, jp8 and j9 are traced at the bottom, jp10 and jp11 are traced at the top, jp12 and jp13 are traced at the top and finally jp 11 and jp 13 are traced at the bottom. If that makes sense.

Here is a picture of the bottom of my b board, jumper bank 3. Notice the traces that cause the shorts of open top side jumpers.

Attachments

• IMG_20200630_041620.jpg
    IMG_20200630_041620.jpg
    972 KB · Views: 178
You say you have a 7 board and you got a Gpal made for you, why are you lifting a pin on the Gpal? lifting is only for Fpal.

You say you have a 7 board and you got a Gpal made for you, why are you lifting a pin on the Gpal? lifting is only for Fpal.
Hi,
I only did it to check to see if that would make any difference with both the original Pal and the purchased Gal chips. When I lift pin 7 and jump it to j17 on both those chips I get no audio . With the original Pal chip just in the socket no pin lift I get no audio and with the purchased Gal chip just in the socket no pin lift I get corrupted audio. I have made sure the Darksoft PCBs are firmly making contact with no success. Very sad ☹️

Does CN9 have any part in the audio? The connector that is used when jumping the wires to the Darksoft main PCB?

No CN9 is for key injection, the little board that joins both boards is it sitting properly?

can you post a pic of the whole setup?

if you can take a pic between the B board and DS board too.

No CN9 is for key injection, the little board that joins both boards is it sitting properly?

can you post a pic of the whole setup?

if you can take a pic between the B board and DS board too.
Hi,
All the boards are correctly socketed and make firm contact. I will post pictures soon.
Thanks so much for helping me.

On a rev 7 board, you do not need to remove a leg and solder to J17. Plug and play.

If it works with Zero 2 that's good and the board is definitely working ok. Do not modify any jumper settings with the multi from what works with Zero 2

Can you play a video of the corrupted sound you are getting?

Those traces between the jumpers are normal. They are not an issue

On a rev 7 board, you do not need to remove a leg and solder to J17. Plug and play.

If it works with Zero 2 that's good and the board is definitely working ok. Do not modify any jumper settings with the multi from what works with Zero 2

Can you play a video of the corrupted sound you are getting?

Those traces between the jumpers are normal. They are not an issue
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. Here are the original jumper settings for jumper bank 3.
I will set them back up like this and test the audio.

Attachments

• IMG_20200630_193028.jpg
    IMG_20200630_193028.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 163
Okay☺️
  • After setting the jumpers on bank 3 back to the original set-up, everything is working perfectly. I can't begin to express my happiness and joy to have my CPS2 DARKSOFT MULTI fully functional. What a great bit of kit to have in my home. I would like to thank everyone for their help and a massive thankyou to xxodarP. You nailed it mate and I am so thankful. Can I send you a couple of bucks for a beer or coffee on me? I would really like to do that. Just PM me your PayPal and I will shout you a couple. Thank you ❤️❤️

No worries at all - noticed you're an Aussie in the video as well. Head over and introduce yourself in the thread if you haven't already :)

No worries at all - noticed you're an Aussie in the video as well. Head over and introduce yourself in the thread if you haven't already :)
Hi,
Yes I'm an Australian from the east coast, Newcastle NSW.
Thank you again for your help. :)

No problem, happy to help where I can. Enjoy the CPS2 multi!

Back