What's new

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Got in Rampage the other day (thanks @jassin000). Got to work on it yesterday.

Per the advice of @Phil Bennett (thanks again for your knowledge) I looked into the graphics rom area as when there are some anomalies in the roms it'll throw the U33 error.

And I noticed the spill that had happened on the graphics rom section. Some thick nasty gooey stuff. Like molasses.

Few of the sockets were corroded or rusted depending on the one. And a few of the address traces had been eaten away at underneath the sockets.

There was also dodgy looking soldering job on two sockets that look like they'd been replaced previously.

Removed the offending sockets, put in some new ones, and ran some bodge wires. Tested all the roms, and two came up dead. Had one in my desk
and programmed that one. Found another this morning and programmed the last one.

Booted it up to find the U33 error is gone! Left with just an error on a single graphics rom, and some funny looking buildings.

https://imgur.com/a/H52oyl3

Will beep out U132 to see if maybe it also had an eaten address line and repair if need be. If not, I'm waiting on an erom eraser I'd ordered to show up before I can tackle the rest of this. I sent my old one to @Rg111 preemptively :(

If anyone wants it, I'll be selling it for $800 per @Jassin2 's recommendation. *this is a joke relating to another thread, it's my luck no one who reads this would know that*.

Last edited:
Ran a wire from pin 5 of 132 to pin 5 of the eprom above it and we're in business.

Thanks to @ReplicaX and @Phil Bennett for their advice. You guys saved me a lot of time. Especially confirming how I understood the roms to be setup.

And just to clarify my above post it's not for sale. Happy to finally have this in the collection :)

NaDbJXo.jpg

Back