What's new

doozer

Unobtanium
Professional
Reaction score
Anyone know if the master key that opens the coin box on the Transformers DLX will also open the Ringedge2 access cover?

I can open the coin box, but am struggling to open the access panel to get at the electronics. No markings or code on the lock.

Normal 1 keys fits the whole machine . But look in the coin door maybe there is a little hinge with another set of keys hanging

Thanks for the tip. Looked inside, nothing there.

Guess I need to drill the lock. Any tips on the best way to drill out a tubular lock?

A 12mm steel drill bit is the one I go for. It eats into the lock like butter, pops out the cam at the back, and leaves the cylinder in place.

I managed to avoid drilling.

For anyone else ever in this situation, there is a fan vent cover just above the lock. You can slowly remove the 4 screws by applying outward pressure on the grill (I used a flat blade screwdriver).
This stops the internal nuts from spinning. It's a slow process, but eventually you can remove 3 screws and swing the fan off to the side.

Once the cover is open, I used an 11mm open spanner to remove the lug from the lock. This requires doing it by touch, but once you get it loose it's pretty easy.

When the lug drops off you can remove the panel and gain access. No harm done.

Now to replace the lock with a new one that I have a key for :)

This morning the RE2 in this refused to power on.

I figured the battery might be flat, so I removed it, but the meter says its putting out 3.0V.
I then followed the manual to do the battery replacement procedure.

Still won't power on. There's a green LED on the motherboard that's lit up, so I figured its getting power.
Just to be sure I swapped out the delta PSU with a known working one.
Still won't power on.

I've tried unplugging everything except power.

The fans don't spin.

Can anyone think of anything else to get it going?

This morning the RE2 in this refused to power on.

I figured the battery might be flat, so I removed it, but the meter says its putting out 3.0V.
I then followed the manual to do the battery replacement procedure.

Still won't power on. There's a green LED on the motherboard that's lit up, so I figured its getting power.
Just to be sure I swapped out the delta PSU with a known working one.
Still won't power on.

I've tried unplugging everything except power.

The fans don't spin.

Can anyone think of anything else to get it going?
Good day. When you changed the lock, you could not accidentally touch something, or did the bolt hit the board? I had this situation when I was changing the battery. After reconnecting to the network, the device started itself

No, the RE2 is set back far enough that nothing hit it. Also power was off when I removed the lock, so no problem there.

Thanks for the tip with the network, I'll give it a try.

Try this!

Attachments

• power_on.jpg
    power_on.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 195
Thanks, but that's what I meant by "I then followed the manual to do the battery replacement procedure."

Back