What's new

wisephoenix

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've got a weird problem I have 3 x system 246s and 1x 256 and have been running tekken 5, Soul Calibur 2, Soul calibur 3 for sometime with no issues... I decided to rewire my soul calibur 2 cabinet, since it was the first machine I ever got and was a huge rats nest, and now my speaker will only play sound when I unplug the audio connection and immediately plug it back in while the system is running. If I reboot the system I get no sound again. Using the positive and negative speaker wire on the jamma harness got me no sound to start with and I eventually wired a ground wire with the negative speaker wire which gave me sound. The positive speaker wire gets me nothing no matter how I wire it. I thought I may have blown something out and moved the whole system into one of my other cabinets and it worked fine. I traced the other cabinets speaker wire and I am wired the same. I though it may be a break in the wire or a bad speaker so I replaced the run with 22gauge wire and used a test speaker same issue. Bashing my head against a wall and kinda ran out of ideas as to what to do next. My voltage is 5.1v DC on my Powersupply, (I know its a little high but was having issues with my disk drive not revving up when I ran with less... everything plays smoothly and I have no other issues just the weird audio issue. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Mark

Can you give a bit more information about how it's hooked up? I assume RCA out of the 246 into an amp? or are you using the JAMMA edge?

Can you give a bit more information about how it's hooked up? I assume RCA out of the 246 into an amp? or are you using the JAMMA edge?
yeah, try hooking up the systems rca jacks to an amp or a pair of headphones, if you get sound out of them, then the amp on the jamma (B) board has gone bad? Maybe, because I have one that has blown up on me.

I also suggest checking the amp. The one on my 256 doesn't boost the left audio channel, so I just hooked up a cheap amp to the RCA output and wired the speakers into that.

Back