What's new

chacal231077

Grand Master
Reaction score
I would like to change the Region of the game which remains blocked on Korea

I would like to know if this is the 2 PROM U0119 & U0120 to change or else PROM, OKI M27C3202CZ in U0217 ?(

In the Bios Menu you can not change the Korea region it remains blocked ;(

Thank You ;)

I think on zn1/2 the region byte is part of CAT_702 the security chip. If you have another Tecmo zn1 game using the region you want, you can swap the chip in. But otherwise the chip hasn’t been dumped yet I don’t think.

I think on zn1/2 the region byte is part of CAT_702 the security chip. If you have another Tecmo zn1 game using the region you want, you can swap the chip in. But otherwise the chip hasn’t been dumped yet I don’t think.
I don't think that's correct. I've never seen any more than 1 CAT702 for a given game or mobo variant.

I'm pretty sure you can just swap swap the program ROMs and be done with it. I know I've done that with most of my Capcom ZN1/ZN2 games, and even on those it's usually just 1 byte different.

Yeah @twistedsymphony is right. There’s no DOA++ korea in mame so that confused me. Replace the program roms with the Japan set from mame. You could dump yours to check that it’s just a 1 byte difference if you’re so inclined. I doubt there are other differences but it can’t hurt to check.

Hi, does the rom dump match mame?

If YES it's controlled by the motherboard.

Hi! :)
I will dump the 2 Prom.I'm going to put them on my Mega.nz.I don't have an 8 MByte Eprom on hand X/ .If someone has the game in jap and a blank Eprom & Eprom programmer, can he do the test for me?Thank you ;)

I have a feeling the region data is stored on the 28c16 on motherboard... But hopefully its a new rom :D

I have a feeling the region data is stored on the 28c16 on motherboard
Aside from Gallop Racer 2 and 3 and Cool Boarders all of the Tecmo Dumps are JP region.

With that said though I recently used a Cool Boarders Mobo for some Japanese PCBs, and I've used a JP mobo for a World version of Gallop Racer 2. In neither case did it change the region or lock me out.

Hi! :)

Under the IC Support it is written 27080 .by deduction i think this is a Atmel 27C080 :) ok or not ok ?(

DOA ++ Rom Koréa
Thanx for sharing.

Have you already compared with the jap one in hex ? Is it only 1 diff then ?

27C080 could be an AMD, ST or another mark, there's no importance. 27C stands for CMOS eprom.

Back