What's new

Mune

Beginner
Reaction score
Recently took a gamble on a cheap motherboard with a 3s cart. Figured it was worth a try since I could always part it out and make my money bag worst case scenario. Ended up with a working motherboard with all the ram modules needed to play 3s, but the cart that shipped with seems (likely) to have suicided. Can some one confirm this for me?

Here's what the screen shows on boot: https://twitter.com/MuneSTL/status/1278033464915353601?s=09

Clean both connection areas and measure your +5v line. That doesn't look like it died. It would be pexilated and garbage screen of tiny messy squares.

That looks like more than a suicide cart. Suicide carts typically look similar to this or just a black screen

index.php

If you have a working cart test the motherboard out with that and see if you get anything.

And your SCREEN pot is way way up. With no signal you shouldn't be able to see the raster lines.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'll clean everything just to be sure -- I tested the board with my working 3s cart without issue.

@rewrite I'll do just that. Had no idea (this is a secondary cab I don't use atm).

Back