What's new

inhomearcades

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

New to the forum but it seems like you guys have a ton of knowledge so looking forward to taking a look around and hopefully contributing.

Anyway, I have two Sega Afterburner Climax games that I recently got from Japan. I've done quite a bit of looking around to see how I can change the region to US so that words are presented in English. Please let me know if anyone knows how to make that change. Thank you for any help!

If I remember correct. In the test menudo the Lindbergh (main) press the test button 30 times and then you should be able to change it

Why don’t you modify your afterburner? It’s cheap a hdd and region change. ;)

Can I do that and still run climax? I looked at the security key part number on my game and that of a us new one and they are the same. My understanding is the hardware is what has the region setting so reinstalling a software disk and new sec key would not make a change. Is there a modification to the hardware I could do?

If you order a set (from me or somewhere else)

you get a hdd/sec chip and a flash card upgrade. After this you can set your Lindbergh to exp/USA/jap and just run the game of the multi :)

Remove the OEM key.

Get a multi-kit pic chip. Install it.

Boot the board. Enter the test menu, and change the region.

Save, exit, and power down.

Remove the multi-key, and re-install the OEM key.

=)

Reactions: AMS
If you order a set (from me or somewhere else)

you get a hdd/sec chip and a flash card upgrade. After this you can set your Lindbergh to exp/USA/jap and just run the game of the multi :)
So how much and where do I order from?

Back