What's new

VWI

Student
Reaction score
I have purchased a Capcom 3 PCB set of Commando and it has a mix of PCB separators, currently plastic or whatever the material is, that do not hold the lower board to the top 2 boards I am assuming this is not correct considering that these were mounted in Cabs. My question is if I purchase some Hex standoff spacers to fasten these PCB together is it safe to use brass or should I use the plastic/nylon type? I want to make this assembly sturdy so that it can be safely set on a table top for use with a Supergun. The few that are on here are ruffly spacing at about 17.6mm so figure 18mm would be fine or should I error on the 17mm side?

Also what Capcom system or category does this PCB set fall under? I am extremely new to this hobby and want to learn as much as possible about the different architectures of the many brands of arcade systems. I did some searching on the interwebs but am still a bit confused at what this set fall under.

Thanks for any input or help y'all can give.

VWI

The system is Capcom CPS-1.

The official spacers that Capcom supplied for use between the A and B board were brass and exactly 19mm.

I can suggest using plastic/nylon washers where you can, however they will generally add 1mm of space.

The system is Capcom CPS-1.

The official spacers that Capcom supplied for use between the A and B board were brass and exactly 19mm.

I can suggest using plastic/nylon washers where you can, however they will generally add 1mm of space.
Thanks so an 18mm with the washers should put it at 19mm roughly.
Looking of CPS1 systems I was no able to find anything that looked like si board even though i was thinking it was in the CPS1 class.
I tried thimoning with the board part number and was able to come up with info on it as a Data East Capcom but still no mention of it as a CP1.
But at least found a PDF of the instruction manual.

By the way what game is that you use for you emote? I recognise it but cant remember it but am sure i have come across and maybe played it in my many years of life ;)

Again thanks,
VWI

Disregard my comment. I misread it as “Captain Commando” which is CPS-1. Was confused as you mentioned A/B/C boards.

Disregard my comment. I misread it as “Captain Commando” which is CPS-1. Was confused as you mentioned A/B/C boards.
No problem. It does have 3 boards an A, B, and C. Am guessing that this one is just a "Data East" version then no system of any sort?

Thanks,
VWI

Back