What's new
Hey folks. Amazing to see you actually got hold of some of these medal games! :)

Yes they are the same HW as Love & Berry: Dress Up And Dance, and the Dinosaur King games. (Mushiking: Beetle Battle used an actual Naomi1 mobo).

Sorry I seem to have missed all the fun - not been on here for many months - I probably could have helped some.

Still got a few system SP / Project Aurora boards here although most of my mini cabs run Jamma now. In the UK we had mostly DinoKing, then LnB, and a few MushiKings. Obviously none of the really crazy KidsMedal titles made it here.

But stuff to look out for.. some of the Japanese cabs (the more red goldfish cab on the right seems to be one) should have stereo speakers in the side plastics, a bit like a Blast City cab!
There are a ton of KidsMedal sports titles that are trackball based... I'd love to get hold of one to make a mini SegaSonic cab!
There is an arcade within the exclusion zone in Fukushima that has a whole bunch of yellow variants of these cabinets - I think they were kids soccer and golf games.

For the CF card - some games are small enough to run direcly from the boot BIOS I understand and don't need a CF card. Love and Berry is one example.
I'll be digging that PCB out soon to get the security pic dumped.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Sorry I seem to have missed all the fun - not been on here for many months - I probably could have helped some.
You still can. Which of these games can you have access to?

For the CF card - some games are small enough to run direcly from the boot BIOS I understand and don't need a CF card. Love and Berry is one example.
No, the main PCB has some big flashes just under the metaal plate on the board and the game is copied from the CF to the flashes, so you dont need the CF anymore.

I'll be digging that PCB out soon to get the security pic dumped.
Yes please and let us know which games you can get, so we can get them preserved.

Thanks.

I have a few variants of the Dino King game.. latest is revision 2.5 I think, and Love 'n' Berry.
Mushi King is waiting to be collected when I'm able to do so, although that's just a Naomi cart of course.
Should be able to get hold of Tetris Giant too, a friend has that one.

I have the full manual set for Love & Berry. Service manual, the lot.

Quite interested in those flash ics then, are they removable or SMD? I must confess I've never bothered lifting the metal shield.
Edit: OK, just seen them. Interesting. So that's standard across all the mobos and CF is just used for updates?

lnb4.jpg

lnb3.jpg
#
lnb5.jpg

lnb7.jpg

lnb9.jpg

Last edited:
Man I would love to have one of those cabinets =O

Anyone got one cheap for sale unbutcherd :thumbup:

@Flinnster thanks for photos! as I see it is common in UK older Love&Berry version, we have this dumped.
if your cabs/mobos are Export region games and was sourced from AGS - I'm 99% sure they was checked by Andy before selling, so games high probably already dumped versions (but worth to recheck anyway and take a ROM TEST photo).

we are mainly on the hunt for Japanese market undumped games - kids games, medal games, JP versions of collectible card type games like L&B, DinoKing, etc.
just like mentioned in 1st topic message Japanese "GoldFish Scooping" game.

Quite interested in those flash ics then, are they removable or SMD? I must confess I've never bothered lifting the metal shield.
Edit: OK, just seen them. Interesting. So that's standard across all the mobos and CF is just used for updates?
it's about the same as NAOMI+DIMM - you may plug new key chip and CF card to change or update the game.

@lorenzo2mars “Concerning the cabs, all were sold this year”

Sold..But why:(...They are beautiful, cool cabs and don’t take space, plus they are build like a tank, pure metal.

Back