What's new
@lorenzo2mars “Concerning the cabs, all were sold this year”

Sold..But why:(...They are beautiful, cool cabs and don’t take space, plus they are build like a tank, pure metal.
I own many many many cabs... these ones are not interesting to play, only beautiful. And i don't like LCDs ;)
I love those mini cabs and are my favorite cabs..the LCD can be changed for CRTs.. I have done that on mines; I’m a CRT guy:)
58DA06AD-525E-4DA8-BF89-9F9BA4A56C48.jpeg

@Flinnster thanks for photos! as I see it is common in UK older Love&Berry version, we have this dumped.
if your cabs/mobos are Export region games and was sourced from AGS - I'm 99% sure they was checked by Andy before selling, so games high probably already dumped versions (but worth to recheck anyway and take a ROM TEST photo).
Cool. Not from Andy no, but ultimately likely a similar/same source given we are both UK based. Mine were previously onsite around the UK.

One of the Dino King roms:
thanks!
this is common in UK latest ver2.5 CF, while US seems got earlier ROM-only versions. similar thing with Love&Berry too, but vice versa - UK got earlier ROM version (collection 1-2) but US for later CF version (collection 3-5).
still wondering why there was such a country difference.

I would suggest it's simply down to popularity and what operators were feeding back into Sega in each territory.
And because Sega were selling the card packs and RFID chips, they knew very closely what was being played on these games - no point putting effort into titles that nobody was playing in certain locations.

Edit: Sorry, I mean in the US everyone is fun and likes to dress up and dance, while clearly in the UK everyone just sits at the edge watching, while playing with their nerdy dinosaurs. :D

I would suggest it's simply down to popularity and what operators were feeding back into Sega in each territory.
I think it was more complex, because these cards games for kids was complex business projects in general.
for example Dinosaur King games follows TV cartoons series story, so each new game part release time should be in sync with TV series seasons air schedule, for some specific country(es).

fUt YeAh! :thumbsup:
Nice work tracking down all those JPY Koi Carp cabs :D I have never seen them in the flesh - only in photos.
Do they have speakers in the plastic side panels of the monitor surround? I noted the holes there on closer inspection ;)
And.. do you actually play the same game on all of them?

@Flinnster thanks for photos! as I see it is common in UK older Love&Berry version, we have this dumped.
if your cabs/mobos are Export region games and was sourced from AGS - I'm 99% sure they was checked by Andy before selling, so games high probably already dumped versions (but worth to recheck anyway and take a ROM TEST photo).

we are mainly on the hunt for Japanese market undumped games - kids games, medal games, JP versions of collectible card type games like L&B, DinoKing, etc.
just like mentioned in 1st topic message Japanese "GoldFish Scooping" game.
Turns out the PIC on that LnB above wasn't dumped actually. I'm sending it off to a friend now so it will be :thumbup:
And nice work on your stuff MetalliC - you just breathed life back into one of Dino cabs I had left as stock - an RFID chip with 400+ credits on it nuked itself somehow, and is reporting 0/800, initiation date 2050.

Also if these are flat panel cabs.. where are you sourcing all these 14" CRTs? :)

fUt YeAh! :thumbsup:
Nice work tracking down all those JPY Koi Carp cabs :D I have never seen them in the flesh - only in photos.
Do they have speakers in the plastic side panels of the monitor surround? I noted the holes there on closer inspection ;)
And.. do you actually play the same game on all of them?

No to the first question. the first 3 cabs had the same fish game and system, modded to Mister, Xbox 360 UVC and Sega DreamCast UVC..I have not power on the other 4 cabs…KC sold me the CRTs and I performed tube swap with normal TVs, removed the yoke from original arcade tube and place it in thr TV tube, it works.. also, no transformers is needed.

Nice trick on the CRTs, as yeah - fitting standard 14" CRTs in there from de-cased TVs is often the tricky part! :D
I'm a total mix of stuff in mine. I pretty much have a pi 2 jamma solution for each cab now, but I'm still a sucker for real hardware so they get swapped out for other JAMMA pcbs often.

@Flinnster I am going to tate two or three cabs not sure how still.. there were two write up on the internet of two guys that did so. I will try to figure that out in a week or so..I wish that there was like a kit or something with frames, bezel and front plastic.. I would just have to cut the metal bar and drill two hole with two screws and nuts 🔩 or something

Back