What's new

Anselmo

Champion
Reaction score
got a weird one, hopefully someone has seen this before. I have an A board that does not have sound, specifically it doesnt have the sound bar that is found in the test menu.
Alot of cps2 games like (MvC and MvSf) have a sound meter you can see when entering the test menu and you can visually see what sound setting the board is at. [O - 39] this specific A board works fine, but has no sound and no sound bar/meter when entering the sound menu. Has anybody ever experienced this?

Have you tried resetting the volume? Hold volume up when powering on

I believe I have also heard of this happening when the supercap is dead.

I tried volume reset by holding down, but not up. I'll try that, then swap the supercap! Thanks

Changed supercap, nothing.

Changed a bulged cap, nothing.

Changed the TA8225L Amp, and TC9185P and TC9176P and that brought the sound back. Not sure which one of these fixed it, since i replaced them all at once.

Now, the sound works, and I can see the sound bar. However the sound doesnt seem to change when I lower or raise the volume. I can see the sound meter go up / down, but the sound doesnt change.

I'm testing inside an Astro Cab and the if I use the sound dial inside the Astro the sound does change.

I'm unsure which chip actually monitors the volume control within the menu, it sounds like more than one thing may have failed causing your sound to drop out. As long as you have an adjustment within your cabinet I wouldn't worry too much.

Back