What's new
U

Unicron

I'm in the process of restoring a Vewlix F, and I realized that when I finally put the thing together I want to wipe it down one last time to get it looking "showroom ready".

So for that final step, what's a a good way to wipe the whole thing down without leaving streaks?

I figure it might differ by surface, like Windex for glass and such.

100% Isopropyl works well for a streak free finish on plain glass, however do not use this on the monitor or you will melt the protective film layer.

For wiping screens with anti-glare/matter finish, etc.. like on the vewlix

Use distilled warm water. Do not use standard window and surface cleaners.

For grime/stuck one stuff on the screen make one of these mixtures in a spray bottle
  • 50% distilled water and 50% white vinegar
  • 100% distilled water and a drop of dish detergent
  • 50% distilled water and 50% isopropyl alcohol

Always apply the water or mixtures to a microfiber cloth to clean and then a dry one to finish drying off the monitor screens.
Not to use a lot or pressure when wiping the monitor.

On the plastic parts just hit them with a little novus.

100% Isopropyl works well for a streak free finish on plain glass, however do not use this on the monitor or you will melt the protective film layer.
Thanks, I'll probably be removing the film layer as @jassin000 did with his. Reasoning is that it probably absorbed a lot of nicotine.
For wiping screens with anti-glare/matter finish, etc.. like on the vewlix

Use distilled warm water. Do not use standard window and surface cleaners.

For grime/stuck one stuff on the screen make one of these mixtures in a spray bottle
  • 50% distilled water and 50% white vinegar
  • 100% distilled water and a drop of dish detergent
  • 50% distilled water and 50% isopropyl alcohol

Always apply the water or mixtures to a microfiber cloth to clean and then a dry one to finish drying off the monitor screens.
Not to use a lot or pressure when wiping the monitor.

On the plastic parts just hit them with a little novus.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Novus has been applied! I'm almost ready to start putting the Vewlix back together! :)

Back