What's new

pretendo

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi my name is David. i live in Hawaii and recently bought a couple arcades machines, one being a house of the dead 4 machine. i mainly got it so i could run virtua fighter 5 at some point so i traded the guts of the machine for a multidrive with mostly all the games out for the board. It seems to be working correctly except for the fact that I dont have the proper I/O. I have a cyperlead and a neogeo 29 both with 15hz monitors so i have a ultracade UVC scaler to fix that but honestly i have no clue to how to hook it to the cab. so my questions would be...

1. what I/O do i need to get it to work (virtua fighter)?
2. how to i hook of the scaler properly?
3. i know the lindbergh has different vid cards so is mine even able to run games like inital d 4 and virtua fighter 5?
4. is this thing actually worth keep or should i just trade it off (considering it)

imagejpeg_0-1.jpg

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 855
1. what I/O do i need to get it to work (virtua fighter)?
2. how to i hook of the scaler properly?
3. i know the lindbergh has different vid cards so is mine even able to run games like inital d 4 and virtua fighter 5?
4. is this thing actually worth keep or should i just trade it off (considering it)
1. VF5 can use just a Rev 1 Sega JVS I/O. It's common and the cheapest JVS I/O.
2. Not sure. Maybe the vga cable goes from the pcb to the VGA port on the scaler. Then the wires on the right there to your monitor? Can I see a closer picture or the scaler?
3. Show me a picture of your vid card and its connectors
4. Lindy is very worth keeping.

I've never used that multi. (Is it a NICO kit?) We sell a different version that does not have so many hacks and that stays more true to the original. Maybe a better fit for you since you are using it in a cab. NICO's kit is good if you want to use Xbox controllers but other than that it seems to have a lot of bugs. It does allow you to play 2Spicy without the need for a rev 2 I/O so that is one advantage.

it just doesnt seem practical for the cabs i have. plus i really want VF5 final showdown. but heres the scaler and the video card. honestly im more of a naomi guy. interested in one of your CF card readers as soon as im able to find a dimm board and gdrom drive at a reasonable price.

image1.JPG

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    282.4 KB · Views: 450
it just doesnt seem practical for the cabs i have. plus i really want VF5 final showdown.
Lindy is an awesome system, man. I love mine. We can sell you a kit with just VF5 Final Showdown for $145.

The CF kit replaces the GDrom drive so you don't need the drive. You do need the SCSI2 cable as it does not come with the kit.

It looks like that scaler is powered by a normal PC molex cable. Then that cable with the 6 wires will connect to your monitor's video input. I'm not sure what your monitor video connector looks like so you may need to build an adapter. The wire colors are pretty easy to identify.

Red = Red
Green = Green
Blue = Blue
White = most likely video ground
Yellow = most likely video sync

After that you just use a normal VGA monitor cable between the Lindy motherboard and the scaler.

That is the proper video card BTW.

Back