What's new

Notsuoh

Student
Reaction score
Hi,
I have an original Konami Aliens arcade PCB with Jap romset and because of this I'm missing the full game that the USA romset provides.
I was wondering how to convert it to a USA Konami Aliens romset so that I can get the missing levels and other missing features that the USA players got to experience.
Any advice would be a big help.
Thank you.
Stay safe and well.

Should be as simple as burning 3 new ROMs from the MAME set.
ouy5Jlm.png

As I recall the Aliens PCB came in two form factors (a double stack PCB and a single) not sure how the dumps are affected by this.

Should be as simple as burning new ROMs from the MAME set.
As I recall the Aliens PCB came in two form factors (a double stack PCB and a single) not sure how the dumps are affected by this.
My version is the single PCB and there are MROMs soldered to the board and 2 socket-ed EPROMs, I'm hopping it is just a matter of changing the EPROMs.

Attachments

• Aliens.jpg
    Aliens.jpg
    441.2 KB · Views: 145
Should be the three chips with foil stickers (tho I can't see that level of detail in your image).

Should be the three chips with foil stickers (tho I can't see that level of detail in your image).
Yes after some investigation, I have the Aliens Asian version and need to replace 2 of the 3 EPROMS with the Aliens American version.
This should be fun, thank you for your help.

Back