What's new

beast1x5

Professional
Reaction score
im a newbie arcade hobbyist so any info is greatly aporeciated. Im planning on purchasing a net dimm board for a multi game setup but was wondering if the battery on the net dimm mattering? Or is there some kinda of method to bypass it or if it can be ignored

Also I'd like to ask of any ways to acquire a multigame kit for thr naomi... i personally plan on playing fighters , shmups , beat em ups as well as atomiswave titles since its possible to play them

Thanks everyone

a battery is only needed if you don't want to send a game over after a power cycle. if you get a dimm board with a dead battery you can just remove it with no other modification.

best way to go about a multigame for naomi is source a netdimm and a raspberry pi and lcd board.

going the Pi route give you a nice self contained multigame like experience for a naomi with a PC only required during setup.

corey thank you so much for the insight.. ill have to hunt down a kit very soon dude!

this is pretty solid material.. would anyone on this forum happen to make these kits?? I wanted to initially get one from jasens customs however his shop is closed cause he's being deployed..

this is pretty solid material.. would anyone on this forum happen to make these kits?? I wanted to initially get one from jasens customs however his shop is closed cause he's being deployed..
Skip the expense. Just netboot from any PC on your network and you'll be fine. Netbooting couldn't be any easier.

i would totally do that but I'd personally really would like to have the raspberry pi set up for simplicity's sake... especially since there's a possibility of me owning my first candy cab very soon

To each his/her own. But honestly, that is a high premium for not much of a simplification. Get the NetDimm first, get comfortable with how Netbooting works (it's really easy). Then if you think life can be made easier, get the RPi kit.

Thank you very much for that dache , i greatly appreciate the help.. ill send em an email and hope for the best... and hopefully ill be playing rival schools properly!

@Dache is there any other means of contacting BBZ149??? I cant seem to register to the jamma forum

You can mail him directly here:

20150730_081432_zpscmujxz3m.jpg

rpi makes the life easier that's for sure, and it's also mega cheap.. so cheap that they could probably offer them for free together with happy meals. I have several at home, I would give them for free if it wouldnt be that all of them are in use :)

you don't even need the last versions with upgraded CPU (actually i would advice not to get the newer ones because of potential compatibuility problems, you don't even need the fancy screen if you use piforce-web (just use your cell phone as interface)

Back