What's new
Love that there has been progress on this. I know it was discussed already but I would also appreciate a kick harness option for the F3 with this stereo board. Kaiser Knuckle and its alternate version (forgot the name of it) are worth it.

I think I’m making progress...? ?(

I really appreciate everyone’s help on this, I’d be lost.

I’ve capture some audio for comparison (Elevator Action track 1CC). You can listen here:
https://m.soundcloud.com/everten2/sets/taito-f3-audio

There are 3 tracks.
  1. Line level
  2. Attenuated level
  3. Line level raised to match attenuated level (this is quality comparison)
I’ve got the levels in a good place now. Someone who knows better can chime in about the resistor values I ended up with and if it’s acceptable. I tested several and this produced best results.

Levels compared:

231EDA86-6F25-4255-8DAE-2B2E923770FA.jpeg

Here’s the circuit I used, ground to the heat sink as suggested:

8D1CF0B9-5243-45DD-9088-4BFF87078978.png

What will the output impedance be with your choice of resistors, and are high impedance signals susceptible to noise?

I'm certainly in favor (assuming you're awesome enough to release the file to make a print ;) )

I’m experimenting with cramming the kick harness in ( @djsheep and @BroadwayJose) It would require a custom left riser for anyone with the lions case. I printed one up to test it out, I only have grey filament at the moment. The rca jacks would be on the side like STV board.
Count me in for one too! (Since I did do some legwork to research the pinouts ;) )

ST-V and now this? Sign me up for one, for sure. RCA plus Capcom's kick harness is perfect for my cab.

I was away for a bit, but I’m back to making some progress on this.

The form factor will likely resemble the picture below. There will be a jumper harness to bring the AA connector to the PCB and out to a CPS2 connector. The harness comes very close to the game board, but I think it will work. There’s really not much room for it to be anywhere else.

Feedback welcome.

36927BDC-777B-4023-BA8D-FF36FE1E65C8.jpeg

I just placed an order for a couple boards. If all looks good I'll get a some in the hands of a few members here for further confirmation.

For those with the Lions case, I think I've finalized the custom side bracket needed to fit the PCB. I will provide the STL file to print yourself. If you can't print yourself I'll offer it as an option.

Capture2.PNG
Capture1.PNG

I'll most likely need to use that print option for the Lions3 case.

I’m experimenting with cramming the kick harness in ( @djsheep and @BroadwayJose) It would require a custom left riser for anyone with the lions case. I printed one up to test it out, I only have grey filament at the moment. The rca jacks would be on the side like STV board.

E6128165-B513-4B81-B059-CD77A39FE9F8.jpeg
I would like this for my F3/Lions setup.
Looks great.

This is looking fantastic! Can't wait for the final version of this to be announced, and would glady put an order in

Didn’t have time to test yet, but some boards arrived. The fit is good. See pics above.

Back