What's new
Yeah that’s a beaut! I really like the cut-out for the heat sink.

All seems to be working as planned. I have stereo RCA audio and 6 buttons working.

I got a little nervous when I fired up Kaiser Knuckle. I wasn’t getting anything out of the right speaker. For some reason this game boots with the speakers unbalance. It starts with the right speaker set at -10 and needs to be set to 0. I’m not sure if this is a multi rom issue or something else. My multi boots straight to the service menu for this game so it’s quick to fix on boot. I’m curious if any other games do this.

For some reason this game boots with the speakers unbalance. It starts with the right speaker set at -10 and needs to be set to 0. I’m not sure if this is a multi rom issue or something else. My multi boots straight to the service menu for this game so it’s quick to fix on boot. I’m curious if any other games do this.
Game Settings are saved on the mobo, so when you switch games the settings data is mapped over the options for the new game and it can cause weird results like that. it's like playing mad-libs with your game options.

Game Settings are saved on the mobo, so when you switch games the settings data is mapped over the options for the new game and it can cause weird results like that. it's like playing mad-libs with your game options.
Good to know. I checked a few other games and didn’t see the balance setting at all. Might be good to compile list of games with this setting unless it’s been done already.

Slight dilemma...

It looks like I'll need to change the PCB connector for the kick harness. I was planning on using the 10 pin JST NH to match the F3, but it's just too tight of a fit. This design will work with the Darksoft Multi, but a regular game cartridge doesn't quite make it. I may have to trash these boards.

I need a low profile vertical connector. Something like the JST XH might work. Any recommendations?

Could you just hard wire the kick harness? Save you trashing boards...

This design will work with the Darksoft Multi, but a regular game cartridge doesn't quite make it.
It's worth noting that A LOT of Darksoft Multi users installed that multi PCB inside an original game cartridge case (myself included). So the fitment is the same... multi or not.

Could you just hard wire the kick harness? Save you trashing boards...
I'd refer to keep things clean with connectors. I'll keep the boards around and maybe offer them up after I fix the design.

It's worth noting that A LOT of Darksoft Multi users installed that multi PCB inside an original game cartridge case (myself included). So the fitment is the same... multi or not.
Good point. All the more reason I need to change connectors. I actually had originally designed this to be used with this connector and changed to the NH connector. Unless I order straight from JST, a lot of these connectors are low to no stock and if they are stocked then the contacts aren't stocked. It's frustrating.

All is not lost. I just ordered a few XH connectors to test. It looks like it might even have the same footprint as the NH headers. If that's the case these boards might still be good.

So where's the link to buy this? :)

takemymoney.jpg

I have free test boards out in the mail to 3 different members of this forum. I'll let them decide if they want to provide feedback to me directly or in this thread.

It might not hurt to have a 4th person, preferably someone with electronics knowledge, if anyone is interested.

Just looking for feedback on the design, fit, function, circuit/components, etc. or if I overlooked something.

Waiting for feedback before doing anything else.

I have free test boards out in the mail to 3 different members of this forum. I'll let them decide if they want to provide feedback to me directly or in this thread.

It might not hurt to have a 4th person, preferably someone with electronics knowledge, if anyone is interested.

Just looking for feedback on the design, fit, function, circuit/components, etc. or if I overlooked something.

Waiting for feedback before doing anything else.
I'll PM you to throw my hat into the ring.

Back