What's new

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
While I'm waiting on parts from overseas for TMNT I snagged a Strikers II.

Boots to rainbows! And the seller said the rainbow colors change if you mess with the previous repair wire.

34vEk1q.jpg

wMt8qWE.jpg

First things I've noticed are:

the repair wire isn't attached to anything on the custom side.

The crystal is the wrong speed.

There are a handful of removed caps (can anyone let me know the values for the big guy at C13 and C1 near the big custom?)

Some sticky stuff all over the flash roms at the top of the board.

Thankfully I've dealt with digikey and custom programmed oscillators before so I'll order that today, as well as the caps if I don't have them.

Going to give it a scrub too.

If anyone else with a PS3-V1 can help my by telling me which pin of the custom the trace from the oscillator goes to I would appreciate it so I can repair that line when I get in the new one. The repair is coming off of the leg on the side facing the custom, but away from the U14 silkscreen if that makes sense.

Take the clock off the board, then you can see the real extent of the damage.

Hopefully the wire touching the GND of the xtal can is a input to the chip. otherwise it may of killed the output.

Don't forget there may be another line on that pin dead under the chip, the pad is gone.
This is harder to find without removing the chip or having another board / schematics to check with.

Also I am quite disappointed this was not a thread about hacking Strikers 1945 II with crazy shit like SF2CE Rainbow Edition
I know, he lured us in with the clickbait title only for us to find more repair problems haha
It's important to read the section header :P

Plus, this has more rainbows in it than SF2CE, so it's an entirely not-click-baity-one-bit title.

That screen you're getting isn't related to the custom. It's a loose SH2 - reflow the CPU :)

They should be solid bars moving across the screen though and it looks like they're broken up so that part may be the custom. Looks like messing with the previous repair wire has snapped the pin on the custom

Could also be the wrong oscillator is causing the CPU not to boot.

Thanks for the additional (and very relevant) information!

I'll get the right oscillator on there, run a wire from the oscillator to that pin, see where I'm at, and if still rainbows I'll reflow the CPU.

I think I know who you bought this from because I almost bought it...

Was the board from Missouri?...

I think I know who you bought this from because I almost bought it...

Was the board from Missouri?...
Not sure, I didn't pay attention to the mailing label. It came from a Stacy someone or other though if that narrows it down?

Yup that's the same one...

I'll be following this thread to see if I could have fixed the damn thing lmao

Did you still need any information off of the board. This is the one board that I have that's working and dang near mint.

I have recently come into possession of this lovely artifact and was wondering if any of you knew where the hell pin 1 ( bottom left) on the oscillator leads to. Same issue rewrite was having, no sound as well. Couldn't find the exact oscillator so I'm trying with a 56mhz one at the moment.

Back