What's new

chacal231077

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hi! :)

On a ZN2 motherboard the ALTERA EPM7064QC100-15 chip had soda on it.

I unsoldered it carefully, but I still ordered a new one, because I have a problem with the sound level on the right output, maybe because of this chip.

I would like to know if it is already programmed from the factory or it will have to be programmed, if so how, with which adapter :?:

Thank you ;)

Last edited:
The EPM7064 is complex programmable logic device (CPLD) hence it must be programmed to build the internal logics.You can try to read yours and then program a new one with dump but most likely the security bit has been set.Usually these devices are programmed in circuit using JTAG port.

I think that's to do with address mapping, not sound output.

The SPU (sound) is inside the CPU OR used the extra h/w on the top board (qsound etc).

Hi!

Ok ok :thumbup:
it's not easy, :/ X/ I just have a Wellon VP598 Programmer.It can do the work of reading with an adapter DIL48 / PLCC84 ZIF PLD-1 :?: :?:

No, the package is QFP100 and not PLCC.The best woud be to try to read it in circuit thru the JTAG port.But as Hammy said this CPLD is probably not involved in your sound issue.

Last edited:
ok Caïus :) .

bad news I replaced the QFP100 and I have a black screen at the start nothing else X/ .
It worked before. ;(

I saw a Quartz oscillator with a defect.can it make a fault on the motherboard ?(

bad news I replaced the QFP100 and I have a black screen at the start nothing else.It worked before.I saw a Quartz oscillator with a defect.can it make a fault on the motherboard .

I redid the welds on the CXD8606BQ & CXD8561CQ it does not work.I just have the sound commutation in the HP at startup ;(

Back