What's new
@rewrite

Jammafier = 200$
Jassifier = 15$
OSSC = 180$
LG 650F = 400$

Yea you are right...

Monitor bracket = 200$

The bracket puts it over, but still I'd much rather have a brand new monitor AND Jamma support than pay 800$ for the Taito Jamma only offering.

Can you no longer contact Taito directly for the Jamma conversion kit?
It went out of production in 2015 (sold out sometime in 2016)...You can no longer buy it, hence why people who still have one charge 850$ for it (it was only 400$~450$ from Taito originally).

Its the little box on top of this stack...
nwR8njg.jpg

One thing you and everyone should be aware of about the official Jamma kit, it won't work with a ton of boards.
Only the most mainstream stuff seems to work.

CPS1
CPS2
CPS3
MVS
F3
Namco System 11/12

Odd ducks won't...

Midway Y/T/Wolf Unit (MK1/2/3)
Capcom Mitchel (Buster Bros/Super Buster Bros)
Bubble Bobble (Taito classic stuff)
Captain America (and I suspect other Data East boards but I haven't personally tested them)
R-Type 1/2 (Only M92 Irem seems to work and its really dark, needs brightness adjusted big time)
Aliens (needs a sync pulse generator or it won't lock)
Ah I see, I found that photo and someones photo of an invoice about emailing them directly in 2018 on the forums. Didn't know it has been discontinued.

If I can get a vewlix from KC with Type X2 components, is something like this worth purchasing and using in it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Taito-Type...550512?hash=item1a9c5deb70:g:~1gAAOSwd9hdmZuw

If I can get a vewlix from KC with Type X2 components
Type X2 components is going to be JVS IO

IO: Will be inside the control panel
3U7Gp8C.jpg

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK! Lots of VLX cabs were configured for NesicaLive (ie they have FastIO not JVS).
is something like this worth purchasing and using in it?
That X2 has what appears to be a multi drive installed on it, I think you could do a lot better buying a reg X2 and installing the multi yourself.

If I can get a vewlix from KC with Type X2 components, is something like this worth purchasing and using in it?
Adding onto what @jassin000 said, you're looking more at 275 for a reasonably priced X2. Multigame is available free here on the site, you just need a hard drive to put it on.

3U7Gp8C.jpg

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK! Lots of VLX cabs were configured for NesicaLive (ie they have FastIO not JVS).
That X2 has what appears to be a multi drive installed on it, I think you could do a lot better buying a reg X2 and installing the multi yourself.
Got it, KC just texted me saying that he could install the Type X2 with multi game for $500.

In the list of games from that ebay link it has listed NesicaXlive games, those are normally games you have to connect the cabinet to a router to play right? (still trying to wrap my head around everything). The same ones are found on this forum as well?

The multi (by @Niko) is awesome. Would be a very simple way to get your new cab up and running with a great selection of games including USFIV and many others (including Puzzle Bobble, as you mentioned above). It would also avoid the jamma complication/costs until you're ready.

While you certainly could get the multi running by yourself for about $300 ($200 for the X2, $70 for shipping from Japan, $30 for hard drive), it definitely will take a bit of time. $500 is certainly an upcharge but may be reasonable in your view given the convenience.

Last edited:
also avoid the jamma complication/costs until you're ready.
I agree.
X2 is going to be a great way to get your game on sooner rather than later.
Then once you've had more experience with the cab and saved up some cash go for JAMMA.

Just so you are aware... To do JAMMA right/really right inside a VLX (ie like me) its going to be almost 1000$ on top of the price of a cab that has both the JVS IO and JVS PSU in it already.

$500 is certainly an upcharge but may be reasonable in your view given the convenience.
Plus it makes it a definite that you end up with an I/O, rather than a gamble of grabbing any random cab.

Thanks so much for all the information guys, seriously. you guys are great!

Can't wait to get something and up and running now.

What and where should I order all the goodies I need for a 2 Player conversion for the Vewlix? I got the link for the cover from Rafael.

Anywhere local in socal ?

No...

To build the 2 player panel you need 4 base items, check with @Cereth or order from Taito direct.
  • control plate
  • joystick bracket (1 more in addition to recycling the single player panel)
  • sticker overlay
  • M4 locking nut (4 more in addition to recycling the single player panel)
7CABTX5.jpg

Then you'll want to order the joystick/buttons from FocusAttack
  • Sanwa JFL x2
  • Sanwa 30mm OBS* x14
  • Sanwa 24mm OBS* x2
Finally you'll buy the 2 player harness (aka K-Harness) from @Lemony Vengeance
J and K together as it comes from Taito, you will recycle the J and add the K.
UDZwUlT.jpg

Alternatively you can order 2 universal joystick brackets from @Hadouken Arcade if a Semitsu LS-32 joystick...
Or basically anything else (see below) is more your style (LS-32 is mine on most games/whats in my Diamond).
s-l1600-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No...
To build the 2 player panel you need 4 items base items, check with @Cereth or order from Taito direct.
  • control plate
  • joystick bracket (1 more in addition to recycling the single player panel)
  • sticker overlay
  • M4 locking nut (4 more in addition to recycling the single player panel)
7CABTX5.jpg

Then you'll want to order the joystick/buttons from FocusAttack
  • Sanwa JFL x2
  • Sanwa 30mm OBS* x14
  • Sanwa 24mm OBS* x2
Finally you'll buy the 2 player harness (aka K-Harness) from @Lemony Vengeance
J and K together as it comes from Taito, you will recycle the J and add the K.
UDZwUlT.jpg

Alternatively you can order 2 universal joystick brackets from @Hadouken Arcade if a Semitsu LS-32 joystick...
Or basically anything else (see below) is more your style (L-32 is mine on most games/whats in my Diamond).
s-l1600-2.jpg
Dam you got this dead on. That is exactly what I do. Focus Attack is great for buttons/sticks, and I already ordered a bunch of Lemony's harnesses.

I mean... I printed out what Jassin just type up so I could order everything today...

“Beginners guide to converting a Vewlix to 2Player”

I think I’m going to replace all the buttons and joysticks at the same time when I do the 2 player panel. I noticed there’s two LS-32 models though. Which do I order?

https://focusattack.com/seimitsu-ls-32-01-pcb-type-joystick-with-ss-plate-2017-model/

and

https://focusattack.com/seimitsu-ls-32-01-sc-k-pcb-type-joystick-with-ss-plate-2017-model/

Is the SS Plate that comes with it the one I’ll need to attach it to the panel?

Is the SS Plate that comes with it the one I’ll need to attach it to the panel?
No IF you are going to go LS-32 you MUST order the custom bracket from @Hadouken Arcade and build it yourself.
The Taito official bracket only supports Sanwa JFL, and the brackets Focusattack sells are for Madcatz/etc joystick mounts (not the style used by the control plate).

This is how the LS-32 comes stock (before)
ryCI33n.jpg

And this is how it should look when you replace/attach the custom mounting bracket (after)
UiN92P9.jpg

5f0BwVV.jpg

Also make sure you order the PCB type LS-32 (like I'm showing above) if you order the microswitch type you'll also need a 5-pin adapter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it, since Cereth said he had the bracket for the Sanwa joystick I ended up ordering a new pair of those instead. Would have loved to order everything from focus attack, but they were out of a lot of buttons I wanted. Ordered a bunch of buttons from Arcade Shock instead, turns out they’re local to me too. Hopefully get everything before the weekend ;)

1T SSD should be there tomorrow from amazon as well. Seems like a project is about to unfold this weekend.

3U7Gp8C.jpg

Sorry to bring this up again Jassin, thinking about going to KC's tonight to pick up the cabinet. I'd ask him if the X2 was FastIO or JVS but I'm not sure he'd understand me. Would I be able to easily check for the label in the photo you sent when I go pick up the cabinet?

The important thing is that the X2 and the io in the cab match.

Whether that's fast or not isn't really important.

If it turns on and you can use the controls, you're set.

Back