What's new

fjamesfernandez

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Hope everyone is well. Recently I've gotten into the one system I never thought I would be getting and that is, Neo Geo AES! Lmao I couldn't help it. I've been going to my local store, "Brooklyn Video Games," and they were dedicated on playing KOF2002. I wasn't a big KOF fan, but I did play here and there. They have two cabinets where people who are regulars come and have a good time challenging one another. I have to say, they beaten my behind badly LOL Any way, I have always admire SNK's sprite work, Me being a pixel artist myself. Those sprites hold up to this day... especially the Metal Slug Series. No game still has done the stunning work that team did.

Once I got my Neo Geo I passed it on to Jose Cruz to put in the Unibios and a nice LED light on the reset button. I quickly ordered DarkSoft AES Multicart and the controller converters PS3/PS4 to Neo Geo. Its kinda funny. The plan was to order Terraonion's NeoGeoPro and while I was checking out, at that instinct it was sold out. I was bummed, but then Jose told me about the Darksoft and I immediately ordered it. I received everything yesterday and he helped me set it up after I tried myself. I didn't know it would be so hard but easy at the same time HAHA Glad my Neo Geo came with a scart cable. That really does make a difference. I just need a better CRT. I can find them around NYC but some areas I need a damn car to get to haha. But I'll see.

Question, does it normally glitch slightly on the menu when you hold Up+Start? I also noticed that the sound went out towards the end of Metal Slug 3. I know they are doing firmware here and there. but over all I do love the product. I will still be collecting some physical carts though when I get the chance. With that said I need to brush up on my KOF2002 skills lol

Welcome to another NYC member! You're gonna like it here.

Back