What's new

TheDeath

Professional
Reaction score
Please, can any of you guys share me pictures of this sub-pcb? I got a board that is missing it, since it's cpu code it can't boot without...
I think it's easy to duplicate, but i need to know how by looking it better.
102-0001.jpg

Thank you

Something cool I discovered related to that game is that there are different romsets out there, so far so good.
Fun fact is that one set lacks two roms in the opposite side of the Jamma edge (in the same side as sound processor and opposite to the daughter board), and other one has them installed from factory. But if you drop those out from latter set, nothing changes during gameplay... data in those eproms are useless for the game?

Something cool I discovered related to that game is that there are different romsets out there, so far so good.
Fun fact is that one set lacks two roms in the opposite side of the Jamma edge (in the same side as sound processor and opposite to the daughter board), and other one has them installed from factory. But if you drop those out from latter set, nothing changes during gameplay... data in those eproms are useless for the game?
I'm not entirely sure but the CPP mentioned something about a copyright notice and a change in the value of a score in level 6. Maybe it's just that, i think

I have a Turbo Force that is also missing the OR-10 sub board. @TheDeath, if you happen to make a couple extra replacements, I'd be more than happy to pay for the materials plus any extra amount you feel is appropriate. I've been holding off on using Hammy's method in the hopes of finding one for months now.

I have a Turbo Force that is also missing the OR-10 sub board. @TheDeath, if you happen to make a couple extra replacements, I'd be more than happy to pay for the materials plus any extra amount you feel is appropriate. I've been holding off on using Hammy's method in the hopes of finding one for months now.
Sure, no problem :)
I've ordered the lowest possibile lot since i was expecting to using it once, wich is 5 from pcbway, the one i often use. There's basically 3 left.
Let me just check that everything works when it will be delivered, than let's get in touch for it.

Thanks again @Hammy for this solution. I just made a PCB for it, i wanted to have like that anyway.
When i will test if everything ok, if you want to, i'll send you one for the favour.
I don't need one, the repair is done and out the door haha!

Thanks again @Hammy for this solution. I just made a PCB for it, i wanted to have like that anyway.
When i will test if everything ok, if you want to, i'll send you one for the favour.
I don't need one, the repair is done and out the door haha!
Ok. It was free btw :D
Just pay shipping.. nevermind. Thanks again

If someone has a TurboForce PCB they would like to sell or trade, please PM me. I keep missing them when they pop up!

looking at that small board, isnt it just to avoid using a 27c4096?

If someone has a TurboForce PCB they would like to sell or trade, please PM me. I keep missing them when they pop up!
I have one PCB that I’m thinking to put for sale. If you want, reach me by PM for more details

looking at that small board, isnt it just to avoid using a 27c4096?
I think that socket where daughter board is installed only has the capability to use one 27c4096.
Small PCB is intended to double rom space by using 2 x 27c4096 and adding additional address line to select each one (wire from near PAL)

20200720-131212.jpg

20200720-132102.jpg

Pcb came in today, working great :)
Unfortunatly my whole background isn't showing up, i need to pull off proms and check. Hopefully none of the customs are involved.. at least i hope so XD
Well i'm happy that the crucial part is working, so i can proceed with the rest.

@Nebula @stj these are 27c2048, the pinout is complitely different from a 27c4096. Also, 27C2048 are 256kb each.
You can defenetly just use one 27c4096 but you still need to adapt it, hence the pcb is mandatory anyway.

@Nebula @stj these are 27c2048, the pinout is complitely different from a 27c4096. Also, 27C2048 are 256kb each.
You can defenetly just use one 27c4096 but you still need to adapt it, hence the pcb is mandatory anyway.
Thanks for clarifying. Then main PCB is ready to install 2 x 27c2048 using their pinout. However , game needs 3 x 27c2048 and manufacturer decided to use an adapter PCB to use 2 x 27c2048 instead of using an adapter PCB to use 1 x 27c4096 (because probably they already have lot of stock of 27c2048)

Thanks for clarifying. Then main PCB is ready to install 2 x 27c2048 using their pinout. However , game needs 3 x 27c2048 and manufacturer decided to use an adapter PCB to use 2 x 27c2048 instead of using an adapter PCB to use 1 x 27c4096 (because probably they already have lot of stock of 27c2048)
who knows. The other spots nearby are mask rom compatible (27c400/800) so i have no clue for this choice. Maybe it was supposed to confuse bootleggers or was hard to had something could read those 27c2048 and copy them.. i have no idea, but, i don't care too :D

*if* the gameboard is pinned for a 27c2048, and the adapter is to double it up,
then you can just put a 4096 in it's place and bend-up pin39 (the uppermost address-line) because all other pins are the same.

*if* the gameboard is pinned for a 27c2048, and the adapter is to double it up,
then you can just put a 4096 in it's place and bend-up pin39 (the uppermost address-line) because all other pins are the same.
That's exactly what i did for this, you can clearly see 4096 on the chips ;)

Back