What's new

Asure

Grand Master
Reaction score
One that might be easy to do, and offer a whole lot of absurdly great classics. Top (rom) board just has some decode logic and a few pals. Everything is dumped, and also decrypted.
Besides Golden Axe, Shinobi and Altered Beast, this system holds more greatness. With a little bit more RAM it can run Fantasy Zone II DX.
Other greats include Alien Syndrome, Cotton, Dynamite Düx to name but a few. Anybody else agree this is a classic platform for a multi?

Would be a pretty boss idea, I wouldn't mind playing Cotton and Dynamite Dux myself. I have all of the other games, so being able to downsize would be great.

Same idea for me, i have all the classics, downsizing would certainly be an option. Just a single board with extra ram for FZ2DX would remain :) (instructions are out there, if you know where to look).

Would it be possible to get System 16A games running on a 16B board with this type of add-on ?

I love the original arcade versions of Altered Beast, Golden Axe, Eswat, Shinobi... If those could all be made to work I'd get on board with this project.

Also if this project becomes a reality at some future point I will be looking for hardware as I have none.
I only mention it because I see people using the word "downsize" above. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Would it be possible to get System 16A games running on a 16B board with this type of add-on ?
Possibly We need to look at that in detail. Only 4 games that are not shared on A/B hardware for System 16A..
Action Fighter
Alex Kidd : The Lost Stars
Body Slam / Dump Matsumoto
Fantasy Zone

Any specific one you care about? (Fantasy zone possibly?) Some of these use UPD7751 for digital samples. (Fantasy Zone uses only FM, so maybe a good candidate..). All sound is YM2151.

Action Fighter, Fantazy Zone and Alex Kidd. ^^
Dunno Body Slam.
ANyway, would be great. Have got a Shinobi board that I would love to multi. ^^

Fantasy Zone and Alex Kidd would both be fun to play. I also have a Shinobi board ready if this ever comes to pass.

Back