What's new

PascalP

Legendary
Reaction score
I want to create a harness which I can connect to both of my cabs for 3 and 4 player games so 2 player can play on the first cab and 2 players can play on the second cab with their own controls and monitor.
But if I splice the Jamma harness to output video to 2 cabs simultaneously, do I need some kind of video amplifier or would the signal be strong enough? (mostly would be either CPS2 or Konami games).

I tested it briefly by making a Jamma connector with an extra VGA connector soldered to the pins and connecting this to the 2nd cab, screen looked good on both cabs to my opinion, didn’t notice anything other than when using 1 cab.

That sounds awesome.
Another way is to investigate how it is done in a Sega vs city cabinet. See if that cab has an extra amp of sorts.

Don't know if this helps, but I have a WWF Royle Rumble NAOMI cabinet... it simply passively splits the VGA signal. I know it's different being 0.7vpp as opposed to about 3vpp for JAMMA, but nonetheless that's how sega did it.

I also agree with just checking wiring of a vs city.

Found some post on VS city harnesses and this is simply splitted without any amps whatsoever, so I'll just go ahead and start with it :)

The idea is to make a Jamma adapter using a connector and a fingerboard to split all RGB and Audio signal, this would go to a fingerboard which connects to the 2nd cab.
And from the fingerboard of the 2nd cab I would wire the controls to a CPS2 kick harness connector for the 3/4p controls, also want to make an adapter to go from the CPS2 plug to Konami plugs for some Simpsons and Turtles 4p goodness ;)

I have a strange feeling that this information will come in handy someday.
If only Naomi Virtua Tennis 1 or 2 allowed 4 players and the game could be hacked to play in 16:9 like on DC and PS2. Running on a Megalo50 or Naomi50 with a two bench setup and a bigger 16:9 wide 70" screen, that would be the ultimate sports game setup for me.

Found some post on VS city harnesses and this is simply splitted without any amps whatsoever, so I'll just go ahead and start with it :)

The idea is to make a Jamma adapter using a connector and a fingerboard to split all RGB and Audio signal, this would go to a fingerboard which connects to the 2nd cab.
And from the fingerboard of the 2nd cab I would wire the controls to a CPS2 kick harness connector for the 3/4p controls, also want to make an adapter to go from the CPS2 plug to Konami plugs for some Simpsons and Turtles 4p goodness ;)
Did you ever end up sorting this out?

If so, how did it go?

Nope, never started this...
Still om the project list though, but maybe @Hatsune Mike can extend his excellent product to support 3/4p games as well on 2 cabs?
If not I’ll have to work out something myself ;)

You should be able to reproduce the video buffer section without much difficulty.

What I did is use a THS7374 for buffering, with a 1K/1K divider to halve the signal going in to the chip. Then, on the P2 side, there is 75 ohm termination from the THS7374's output. I did this so that there'd be a little higher current going through the wire, to stave off interference. A 74HCT04 is used to generate two buffered sync outputs for both monitors.

I've not seen any issues with video using a standard passive VS loom, even when chaining across multpiple cabs like below:
cabs.png
DiIegbi.gif

Yeeehawww!

Last edited:
Back