What's new

slevin

Student
Reaction score
Got my cabinet from KC a few days ago, but waiting for him to get me the board because he couldn’t find it when I picked up the cabinet.

The smaller board has the square USB on it, which I believe is for the IO to the type x2, but how does whatever data from the buttons go from the big board to the smaller one?

6B32211A-1AC7-4834-B785-3170A0B4BCC5.jpeg
92916FDA-F9E2-4D4A-AEF3-7640A516FD57.jpeg

Maybe a photo of someone’s Fast IO plugged in would help?

Also what’s this mystery board?
A7C4EC11-608B-41D8-9AB6-9D3E33723C2D.jpeg

Attachments

• AD5ED429-D6F9-4C69-9FB2-EF58F2E22DFD.jpeg
    AD5ED429-D6F9-4C69-9FB2-EF58F2E22DFD.jpeg
    421.5 KB · Views: 247
The giant 60 pin connector on the io is what brings the buttons (and other things) to the io.

The giant 60 pin connector on the io is what brings the buttons (and other things) to the io.
Yea I got that much, but from the IO how does the signal get to the board? (maybe I'm missing some cables thats making it confusing for me)

Yea I got that much, but from the IO how does the signal get to the board? (maybe I'm missing some cables thats making it confusing for me)
With Fast I/O it's an ethernet cable. With a normal JVS I/O it's a USB cable (it is NOT USB spec though, do not plug it into USB devices).

That's why it's important to make sure your TTX2 matches your I/O.

and I tried to tell you NOT to buy a Fast IO in the other thread IF you ever wanted to later add JAMMA.
A Fast IO cab and X2 is more desirable among X system users thats true, however a JVS IO cab is going to be more versatile in the long run.
You will now have to purchase a JVS IO now in addition to other parts if you want to add JAMMA (seemed like you did).
Thats about 220$ for the IO, you know Vs free with your cab if you just pick the right one. *shrug*

and I tried to tell you NOT to buy a Fast IO in the other thread IF you ever wanted to later add JAMMA.
A Fast IO cab and X2 is more desirable among X system users thats true, however a JVS IO cab is going to be more versatile in the long run.
You will now have to purchase a JVS IO now in addition to other parts if you want to add JAMMA (seemed like you did).Thats about 220$ for the IO, you know Vs free with your cab if you just pick the right one. *shrug*
Yea I know, KC didn't exactly give me an option on picking a JVS IO or Fast IO. When I showed up to his warehouse he was already dusting the cabinet off and pulling the locks. I can inquire with him later and see if I could trade for the JVS IO if he has a matching TTX2.

You will now have to purchase a JVS IO now in addition to other parts if you want to add JAMMA (seemed like you did).Thats about 220$ for the IO, you know Vs free with your cab if you just pick the right one. *shrug*
There are plenty of folks that never got the I/O they requested from KC. PSUs missing, joystick mounts, and more.

At least this guy is local and can try and work it out. Step it down a notch, the guy is new.

There are plenty of folks that never got the I/O they requested from KC.
Indeed, many folks who didn't get what they asked for and he never made it right.
Thats why I'm making a "big deal" (I don't actually think I was) out of it, because I know all too well with KC you got one shot to get it right.
Once he has your money, you won't ever get him to swap it out/make it right, its just the way he is (AKA OP is paying 220$ min for the ability to peruse JAMMA now just as I said).

You really better check over that X system well @slevin, if you don't buy a Fast IO version you won't be playing it inside that VLX FC without spending more money.

I don't mean to start any type of thread about bad experiences with KC, I made myself vulnerable by being a newb and buying from him without knowing the other bad experiences that other members had. But like ReplicaX said, maybe I'm lucky that I'm local and can try and get the things I need from him still.

Jassin, regarding JAMMA. I think I'll be going down the rabbithole further in the future here. I don't think I'll try and run any JAMMA games on this unit until I have it running initially... I'm already planning out what my next cabinet is going to be.... when I'm like 15% into building this one... I might have a problem already. haha

There are plenty of folks that never got the I/O they requested from KC.
Indeed, many folks who didn't get what they asked for and he never made it right.Thats why I'm making a "big deal" (I don't actually think I was) out of it, because I know all too well with KC you got one shot to get it right.
Once he has your money, you won't ever get him to swap it out/make it right, its just the way he is (AKA OP is paying 220$ min for the ability to peruse JAMMA now just as I said).

You really better check over that X system well @slevin, if you don't buy a Fast IO version you won't be playing it inside that VLX FC without spending more money.
Thank you for the clarification Jassin. No ill will intended. My point on the stepping it down a notch is you very well know how excited ppl get when they get their first cab. You can give them all the advice in the world beforehand, but things will get overlooked.

At least @slevin has the luxury to sort it in person. I had to spent over 3 months getting the proper monitor sent coast 2 coast to replace the hack job 3rd party one it was sent with. In KCs defense it came that way from his supplier and he didn't check it then. While I was insulted at first and told I know nothing. He made things right, learned how to take out a VLX monitor and my friend had buyer protection. Afterwards, I even helped KC consolidate this sales threads to make it easier for members.

@slevin its not intended as bad experiences with KC. This hobby is all about learning from mistakes and lessons learned from others. Why Jassin and I are speaking from experience.

what cab did you get ? , i have that fast i/o in my noir and it attaches to a taito conversion pcb which as the connections for the namco wiring , your mystery pcb i also have in mine , its just a coin counter

I got a Vewlix C from KC this week.
what cab did you get ? , i have that fast i/o in my noir and it attaches to a taito conversion pcb which as the connections for the namco wiring , your mystery pcb i also have in mine , its just a coin counter

Which Ethernet port does the IO plug into?

4A21C65F-8036-40DC-95BB-2AFA87374D51.jpeg

So I've been going through the Vewlix manuals available online, but I can't seem to find anything with diagrams on plugging in a Fast IO. All the Vewlix manuals I've gone through are always describing how to wire up the JVS. (which goes through the USB and into the PCI board ?)

So I'm thinking the Fast IO is an upgrade/add on to the Vewlix cabinets later on, is there a separate service bulletin somewhere describing how it's all plugged in ? I'm mainly curious.

I got the TTX2 to power up and the IO board lit up, but I've been waiting for my SSD from amazon so I can write a Image of Niko's Multigame on it to see if things really work.

It's really just give it power, plug in the 60 pin, and run the cable to the X2.

So I've been going through the Vewlix manuals available online, but I can't seem to find anything with diagrams on plugging in a Fast IO
Because the original Vewlix cab pre-dates Fast IO.
Also in part why the same Fast IO kit used/sold for VLX has a JAMMA edge on it.
That same PCB/kit can add Fast IO to any pure JAMMA cab like a Taito Egret 2/3 and was sold to them as well.

Got it! That’s kind of what I figured but just wanted to confirm.

In other news I made a Niko Freeware image and got the Vewlix up and running lastnight. Didn’t get to go through all the games but it works! Super stoked.

Waiting for the two player parts from Cereth, marquees from seiseisei and buttons from arcade shock to get it going.

Also noticed the main fan on the TTX2 wasn’t spinning at all, forgot to measure the fan diameter. Does anyone know what size is needed to replace that one?

@slevin, the case fan is 120x120x25mm. Here are the replacement fans that have served me very well (and keep the system from sounding like a jet engine):

Replacement Fans –
  • Case Fan – Noctua NF-P12 Redux-1300 120x120x25mm 1300RPM, 3-Pin Fan
  • CPU Fan – Gelid Solutions Silent 7 Series 70x70x15mm 3-Pin Fan
  • PSU Fans – TWO Sunon 40x40x20mm 12V DC VAPO 5.5CFM, 2-Wire Fans (HA40201V4-1000U-A99)
    • 20mm is shorter than the length of the original PSU fans so may want to cover gap with tape or other material to maintain original airflow pattern

Back