What's new

smael187

Student
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am french so sorry for my english.

A few weeks ago i baught a sega rally 2 twin cabinet.
I had restore everything and all was ok but sudenly when i was playing my game did that and i don't know what to do...
I swap the PCB beetween the cabinet and same thing on the over cabinet so i swap just the video pcb and so when i put in the secong one same thing happen .
It is possible it is a capacitor or a ram... can i fix it or must buy a new video pcb?
i am new in the arcade world.

20200720_190225_resultat.png
20200720_190220_resultat.png
20200720_190217_resultat.png

I have a second matter it is my force feedback wheel PCB has the error 02 and so in this website http://riparazioniarcade.altervista...ing_wp_cron=1592064065.8835570812225341796875 they say it is the ram and i must change the IC 1 ram 256LL can someone tell me where i can buy it please?

Thank you everyone f helping me.

Attachments

• 20200720_191057_resultat.png
    20200720_191057_resultat.png
    496.7 KB · Views: 382
  • 20200720_190218_resultat.png
    20200720_190218_resultat.png
    505.1 KB · Views: 466
  • 20200720_190209_resultat.png
    20200720_190209_resultat.png
    499.8 KB · Views: 297
Hello ekorz.

So i did the memory test and everything seems ok.
20200721_013751_resultat.png

That’s too bad.. that would have been easy for you to fix!

Check that all the pcbs are tight together. Check with a multimeter that you’re getting the board enough power. That graphics issue doesn’t look like a power problem to me but it’s easy to check anyway. Get a multimeter and set it to direct current. Put a probe on CN13 one of the GND ground points, then check a 5v pin to make sure it’s actually seeing 5v. Also check 3.3v. Do the measurement while the board is connected and running.

sega_model3_pcb_arcde_filter_board_pinout.gif

Unfortunately most everything else will be harder to fix. the next thing I would do is check the pcb, and those are pretty large pcbs. There is a supercapacitor that leaks sometimes and causes ram to get corroded.

zR8XPEC_d.jpg

So if you see anything like that, you probably found your problem. Otherwise it’s not a very easy system to troubleshoot. You may be better off finding another Model 3 step 2 board to use and swap the rom board onto it.

Or perhaps contact @AndyGeezer to see if it’s something he could repair. http://tms-designs.com/theshed/default.asp?maincat=23

Hello ekorz.

So i did the memory test and everything seems ok.
Looks to be a limited ram test much like with Lost World Jurassic Park so all ram showing good on this game doesn't really mean much. Daytona USA 2 and Harley Davidson have better board test diagnostics.

This is video ram error as most of the time 99%

So I suspect a BGA reflow or a ram failure due to creeping voltage over the years in the psu

CHECK YOUR VOLTAGE !

you need to check it at the filter board when the game is running 5 volt and 3,3 and you can adjust at the power supply aka psu

don’t swap out boards as if the voltage is to high you can have the same burnout problem

Btw cpu s on these baby s are verry good so I don’t think that’s the case or it must be a super cab leak which I don’t think.

if you need a repair/new cpu or video I have plenty in stock

Hello everyone thank a lot for your advise i will check that .

This is video ram error as most of the time 99%

So I suspect a BGA reflow or a ram failure due to creeping voltage over the years in the psu

CHECK YOUR VOLTAGE !

you need to check it at the filter board when the game is running 5 volt and 3,3 and you can adjust at the power supply aka psu

don’t swap out boards as if the voltage is to high you can have the same burnout problem

Btw cpu s on these baby s are verry good so I don’t think that’s the case or it must be a super cab leak which I don’t think.

if you need a repair/new cpu or video I have plenty in stock
Hello AMS do you think if it is a ram failure can i fix it buy a new one ?
How much it is for a repair?
how much it is for a new video pcb ?
Do you think i must replace all the ram on it ?

If you have a twin machine you can swap out the boards but if these are like 40 screws and you have to swap boards to see where the problem is

well you never know what it can be

Repair is around 150 euro If I can fix it if not
A good video pcb Stack normal goes for around 250-350 euro

Problem is there are so many rams on there I need a better game to test that and if not then there are like 10 BGA chips that also can fail. First you need to inspect your cpu board like ekorz said

Thank you everyone i check the voltage everithing is ok ....
SO now i will check my finances and decide what i do

Hello guys

I have a same scenario with my Last Bronx , Fighthing Vipers and Zero Gunner , test and swap the roms in the other motherboard same some background and graphics issue , test mode is in all Ok or Good no Bad in test mode.

The Dynamite Cop is all working and swap the Dead or Alive in the Dynamite Cop motherboard and the graphics gone but when demo is all ok test mode all ok , but when add credits and start the game after 15 or 25 seconds the game freezes , but when the Dynamite Cop in the Dead Or Alive motherboard seems to be running smoothly , i think there is a bad ram chips even displayed Good in test mode at both of them.

Total of Three Sega Model 2A
2x Dynamite Cop working
1x Dead or alive glitch and reset after 25sec gameplay

Sega model 2B

Last Bronx Board Has Graphics Issue working all Roms In Good at Test Mode
Fighthing Vipers same as above
2x Zero Gunner Same as Above

Back