What's new

98pacecar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a raiden board that I was told was completely dead and covered in coke.

When I tested it, I found no video, but if I tapped on the HB-41 custom responsible for sound, I’d periodically get some game sounds. Touched up a few questionable solder points under the board and audio came back. Got a Caius repro just in case.

For the video, I quickly tested the outputs at the jamma edge and found no signal at all. I should have noticed, but the UEC-52 custom was complexly ripped off the board. Cleaned the pin remnants out, added some pin header, and one of Caius repro. Brought the board right back to life.

Pulled all of the socketed chips, daughter board, and UEC-52 to clean. Spent about 30 minutes with a toothbrush, hot water, and dawn dish soap. A quick rinse off in the sink and some hair dryer action to get as much water off as possible. A day under the Texas sun dried it the rest of the way.

Nice to have a repair done on a board I get to keep for a change!

Attachments

• CE2AE644-82D1-4794-86BE-F9BF4AEB1FC1.jpeg
    CE2AE644-82D1-4794-86BE-F9BF4AEB1FC1.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 114
Nice job. I am currently looking to pick up all the Raiden boards. Can't decide if I want the dedicated jamma boards? Or go on the hunt for the cart versions.

I got a raiden board sitting in the "to-do" pile, only outputs A blue screen with some garbage on the left side and then a white screen after about a minute or so and no sound.
Maybe it will be as easy of a repair for me as well when I get to it.

Nice to know Caius made repro's for that stuff and you got your board up and running!

ok gotta ask where are people picking up these repair Raiden boards everything I am seeing in the states. Is about $150 and up for broken boards.

I got a raiden board sitting in the "to-do" pile, only outputs A blue screen with some garbage on the left side and then a white screen after about a minute or so and no sound.
Maybe it will be as easy of a repair for me as well when I get to it.

Nice to know Caius made repro's for that stuff and you got your board up and running!
I suppose it’s possible the UEC-52 could be the culprit on the video. I’d drop a pm to Caius and get his opinion. His stuff is top notch and he really knows what he’s doing.
ok gotta ask where are people picking up these repair Raiden boards everything I am seeing in the states. Is about $150 and up for broken boards.
I got lucky with mine. A buddy of mine had it and just wanted rid of it. Swapped it for some side art I didn’t need anymore. But it does seem like the price on non-working original boards is about $100 or so right now.

Too bad you missed the ones I had for sale. I sold a Raiden for 80€, a second Raiden for 100€ and a Raiden II for 100€. All working boards.
Just gonna tease me like that huh? Ok ok now when I start stalking you don't complain lol.

Back