What's new

Enternal

Beginner
Reaction score
I was hoping to get a few suggestions on what options I have for hooking up a retroelectronik essential supergun to a display.

While waiting for the HAS to become available, I picked up the essential for 25.

I do have two pvms they are in storage and I don't have the space to set them up currently. I'm waiting to move by the end of the year.

I have a Sony crt with component that I play most of my older systems on via HD retrovision cables.

Im thinking of either tracking down a scart to component cable with audio.

Or

Using one of those 50 scart to component boxes on Amazon. Though have to figure out what to do with the audio.

Or

Using much easier to find scart to RGB and just wait until I can play on a pvm.

I know the ossc and retro tink are also options but not sure I'd take full advantage of either since I'm not playing on an HDTV and am just wanting to connect some arcade boards.

Thoughts?

I say get this and enjoy SCART output Supergun on your Sony component TV now.
Audio will be directly connected to TV's RCA Left/Right, so you will need a way to extract that.
On HAS this is easy/in the from of an addition 3.5mm audio out, I don't know about your current Supergun.

Thanks for the advice, it has spots to wire the audio but also pushes it through the scart connection.

Back