What's new

erzane

Professional
Reaction score
Hi everyones,
I'd like to make my LS-56-01 harder, maybe they are some extra parts I could add on it (some plate, etc...) to make it harder.
Usually I'm used to LS-32-01, but I like the size of the body of the 56-01 and I was wondering if it's possible to mod it to make it hard and precise like a 32-01.
Thanks!

What do you mean by "Harder". Are you asking for the stick to return to neutral faster giving it a more stiff feeling?

I’m not sure what you mean by “harder”. Do you mean tighter? Like when you lightly press on a direction it actuates the switches sooner?

FYI, the LS-32 is actually less precise than a 56. The 32’s throw is a lot wider, and it requires more pressure to go to “Full throw” than a 56.

For me, I have the Kowal short throw mod on my LS-58 (it’s the same base as the LS-56). I also have an extended shaft on it, making it feel even tighter.

you can even swap the spring out with a higher tension one, that would help with the shaft returning to neutral quicker with less “bounce back”.

Try different combinations of these things. At the end of the day, it’s all up to your preference. For my stick the short throw mod + extended shaft has made my gameplay QOL nicer.

Yeah I mean tighter, or stiff.
For example, I've played Mushi with an LS-32-01 back in the days and I remember my play was more effective since I could pass through/across/avoiding the bullets with more precision. With the LS-56, my impression is: one little blow to go left for example, about one pixel only, just enough to avoid a bullet (but no more since I don't want to touch the bullet on the right) and the ship go more far (two pixel maybe), so, instead of stopping dead, the ship continues one pixel more and hit the bullet on the right. So, less precision.

I didn't understand exactly what's the use of ''the short throw mod''.
Do you have the link for a Seimitsu higher tension spring? Maybe it can resolve my issue.

How do I know which ''lb'' or tension should I take?

Get a 2lb spring and 3lb. Anything above that is gonna be way too damn stiff. They’re pretty cheap and you can switch between them to determine which feels best.

I heard that with the ls56 you can combine two stock springs to get a more stiff feeling as well.

Back