What's new
BTW... it wasn't TNT that I bought the original A+B Boardset from... it was quarterarcade...

This time around it wasn't quarterarcade or TNT...

Whelp... I just heard from the seller... he says to "send the B board back ... I'll have it phoenixed for you". Uh, yeah... sort of defeats the purpose.

Oh Great Ardcadia... Godess of the arcade... why are you frowning up on me?!?

Whelp... I just heard from the seller... he says to "send the B board back ... I'll have it phoenixed for you". Uh, yeah... sort of defeats the purpose.

Oh Great Ardcadia... Godess of the arcade... why are you frowning up on me?!?
Get in touch with Mitsu. He'll find a solution. We need to get your kit up and running!

...while the cab isn't nearly finished... the multigame itself is now operational.

Attachments

• IMG_5790 (Small).JPG
    IMG_5790 (Small).JPG
    41 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_5792 (Small).JPG
    IMG_5792 (Small).JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 270
Now don't laugh... because this whole project thus far has been one issue after another to the point it's comical and one can only step back and laugh. You guys aren't even going to BELIEVE what I did to my control panel yesterday...

While it will be functionally sound ... lets just say I've now forced my hand in the whole "do I make a new CP or just cut holes in the one I have" question. I'll be cutting a new control panel.

This is embarrassingly comical... and is a testament to the old saying "MEASURE TWICE, CUT ONCE".

I did P2 first... and as you can see, it came out relatively OK... then P1...

The measurements should have been 1.5" from the left button and 2" from the top button (dead center for each)... obviously I went 2" for both left and top and SOMEHOW (I blame someone/something other than myself... but I don't know who/what!) didn't notice until AFTER I cut.

picard_facepalm.gif

>>sigh<<

I guess there really IS an arcade god... and he's pissed at me. Probably for trying to stuff a Capcom game in a Midway cabinet. :D

CPSCREWUP.jpg

I guess there really IS an arcade god... and he's pissed at me. Probably for trying to stuff a Capcom game in a Midway cabinet.
I think we both know this isn't the reason. :/

Just get a piece of plexi glass cut and a new control panel overlay grafix.
That's how the arcade op's of old did it... Ever see the underside of a CP from a old Dynamo cab? Looks like Swiss cheese! ;)

That's how the arcade op's of old did it... Ever see the underside of a CP from a old Dynamo cab? Looks like Swiss cheese! ;)
Good solution!

Let me remind you that you can have your own section too. This will be analyzed on an individual basis. JNX already got theirs:
JNX Island

Yep. My SFII is somewhat like that. It looks like the CP originally had a 2 button layout, then instead of just drilling 6 new holes on each side, they tried to line them up with the 2 already there...which meant the layout was angled in way that was nearly impossible to play properly. I've since fixed that, but it means there are tons of holes now like you mentioned. They're also a little too close together, so I ended up having to use spacers in order to tighten all the buttons down well.

That if good to hear that you got your board to work. I'm still having trouble with mine. Removed dead battery, sorted cc1, and sorted exc5. It still does not respond like a game, but it will load the games according to the LCD screen.

What do I do :(

Back