What's new

Jdurg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that for SFA3 and SFZ3 after a set amount of time the title screen changes colors, etc and certain characters and modes of play become unlocked. Is this implemented in the Multi-Kit decrypted ROMs? I know that the data is stored in NVRAM so I'm not sure if it's even possible to modify the ROMS to keep it permanently at the final screen, but I just wanted to make sure. My reason for asking is that I tried the 'cheat' where you select a character, select their -ism, then hold light punch, medium kick, and hard punch and it's supposed to take you to final battle with Bison. Well, that didn't work so I'm guessing that the game is in it's "early" stage where none of those cheats are unlocked? (I REALLY f*&%ing HATE M. Bison in this game. lol).

The roms I decrypted have no changes at all. They should behave like the original, meaning you have to do the trick/wait the required time to unlock the new features.

And every time you swap a game, the EEPROM get wiped, which doesn't help on your cause...

Okay, cool. Means I actually did understand it properly which helps me rest easier. I did finally beat M. Bison today. My god that felt like utter catharsis. Heh.

Edit: Realized I kind of forgot one key, important step in order to get the color change and secrets unlocked. heh. All good now.

Last edited:
After inputting each code, you need to exit the test menu, then press and hold start until the character select screen has appeared, then restart the machine. Upon restarting, the background color will then change. I was neglecting this part and just exiting the test menu expecting it to have worked.

Back