What's new

-Ace-

Professional
Reaction score
I have a Joe and Mac pcb that I received awhile back that doesn't boot. Infact it's kind of weird on my test rig. Upon powering up it shuts my test rig down, as if there is a power fault, or something. The pic shows (3) components (outlined in blue) that I am missing from the pcb I describe above. Can someone tell me if these 3 parts are tied somehow to power and would explain what I am experiencing upon powering the pcb? They are not far from the jamma edge. Also, since I will be needing these 3 parts, what exactly (link if possible), are these 2 black barrel components? I have the Toshiba chip on order but couldn't find these barrel shape items. . .
STUFF.png

Looks like a driver for coin counters/lockout.
If it is then probably tied to 12V on one side.

Those two components designed by the arrow are diodes. Again probably free-wheeling diodes if connected to some kind of coils.

How can I tell what sort/type of diodes these are for replacement? I tried typing in the numbers, etc. from the pic, but nothing comes up exactly this description. . .

How can I tell what sort/type of diodes these are for replacement? I tried typing in the numbers, etc. from the pic, but nothing comes up exactly this description. . .
You can safely use a 1N4003.As for the TD62064AP, it's a darlington array.A said, it's part of the coin counters/lockouts circuit along with the mentioned diodes.

Lastly, would these parts missing from the pcb prevent it from powering up?

Not really, your problem is elsewhere (probably main CPU related).

Last edited:
Back