What's new
Haha, I’ll try pushing it in a bit harder. I’ll take a pic of the arm processor and key injector tomorrow. Thanks.

I tried pushing really hard on the bridge connector which made no difference so I ordered some dupont wires and used those instead of the bridge to be sure I was getting a good connection on each pin. I still have the same issue where it boots to a solid white / off white screen. I have attached some photos.

Attachments

• IMG_4327.jpg
    IMG_4327.jpg
    815.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_4328.jpg
    IMG_4328.jpg
    691.7 KB · Views: 146
I tried pushing really hard on the bridge connector which made no difference so I ordered some dupont wires and used those instead of the bridge to be sure I was getting a good connection on each pin. I still have the same issue where it boots to a solid white / off white screen. I have attached some photos.
The bridge board is not a straight through connection. Did you ensure that the correct pins are being connected with your wiring? Forgive me, but didn't you say earlier that unencrypted roms were working?

Hi Kujako. I followed each trace on the bridge to map where each pin whent. I have tried with unencrypted and encrypted roms. I am currently trying with unencrypted roms.

Unencrypted roms were working with a previous version 4 board but key writing was not (games would partially load and crash or load to solid colour)). I purchased a working verison 6 board in an attempt to get key writing working but this board always loads to a white screen. I have carefully re-seated each board at least twice, checking that no pins are bent etc. My worry is the board has some kind of fault (with previous board encripted games would sometimes partially load but never fully, sometimes an on screen memory error)

Hi Kujako. I followed each trace on the bridge to map where each pin whent. I have tried with unencrypted and encrypted roms. I am currently trying with unencrypted roms.

Unencrypted roms were working with a previous version 4 board but key writing was not (games would partially load and crash or load to solid colour)). I purchased a working verison 6 board in an attempt to get key writing working but this board always loads to a white screen. I have carefully re-seated each board at least twice, checking that no pins are bent etc. My worry is the board has some kind of fault (with previous board encripted games would sometimes partially load but never fully, sometimes an on screen memory error)
Gotcha, when I setup mine I had a similar issue with the key wiring due to not getting the Setup1 and Setup2 connections soldered correctly. Those through hole solder points always give me a hard time....

I think I might switch back to the version 4 board as a last resort; I think I have tried everything on the version 6 board. At least with the version 4 board I could run un-encrypted roms, I think I have taken a big step back moving to the version 6. Thanks for your help

I think I might switch back to the version 4 board as a last resort; I think I have tried everything on the version 6 board. At least with the version 4 board I could run un-encrypted roms, I think I have taken a big step back moving to the version 6. Thanks for your help
When you do, double check the soldering on the two through hole connections on the Arthrimus board. That was my issue with the encrypted ROMs.

Yes good idea, ill get the multimeter out and check those.

I have switched back to the version 4 board and I can now play unencripted roms once again. Unfortunately key writing is not working.

I have re-done all the solder joints, used plenty of flux and have nice shiny joints. I have checked the power supply and voltages are correct.

If I try and run an unencripted game I am getting a solud colour screen (green for example)

I am using an arthrimus yer writing board and have the following connected:

CN2 Pinout:
DATA: JST NH PIN #5→ CN2 A32
SETUP: JST NH PIN #4→ CN2 A30
CLOCK: JST NH PIN #3→ CN2 A31
SETUP2: JST NH PIN #2→ CN2 A29

Is it worth removing the cap at EXC5 completely?

Thanks
Peter

Attachments

• IMG_4333.jpg
    IMG_4333.jpg
    751.3 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_4334.jpg
    IMG_4334.jpg
    795.4 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_4335.jpg
    IMG_4335.jpg
    591.8 KB · Views: 116
Had a similar issue with green screen using encrypted roms on a v4.
Shortened and used thicker wire for the key writing.
Then formatted the sd card to 4gb and it all worked.

I have switched back to the version 4 board and I can now play unencripted roms once again. Unfortunately key writing is not working.

I have re-done all the solder joints, used plenty of flux and have nice shiny joints. I have checked the power supply and voltages are correct.

If I try and run an unencripted game I am getting a solud colour screen (green for example)

CN2 Pinout:

Thanks
Peter
Perhaps a weird question... is the pinout on the arthrimus right to left or left to right? Meaning, is your purple wire going to the outermost through hole solder point?

Right is Pin 1, left is pin 6

SOCKET
-------------
| | | | | |
6 5 4 3 2 1

Hi Waali, do you know what Gauge wire you used? Do you have a link? Thanks

CN2 Pinout:

Thanks
Peter
Perhaps a weird question... is the pinout on the arthrimus right to left or left to right? Meaning, is your purple wire going to the outermost through hole solder point?
The purple wire is one that is attached via the through hole on the back side of the darksoft board (not the 2 on the top of the board)

Right is Pin 1, left is pin 6

SOCKET
-------------
| | | | | |
6 5 4 3 2 1
That's what I thought... Just wanted to double check that you didn't have any of the pins reversed. But following the Arthrimus docs it looks right (Pink, Yellow, Orange, Purple).

DATA: JST NH PIN #5 → CN2 A32 (Purple)
SETUP1: JST NH PIN #4 → CN2 A30 (Yellow)
CLOCK: JST NH PIN #3 → CN2 A31 (Orange)
SETUP2: JST NH PIN #2 → CN2 A29 (Pink)

It was standard 4 core security cable. I'll see if if I can find the gauge tomorrow.
I ran the cable over the darksoft board for the shortest possible length.

It was standard 4 core security cable. I'll see if if I can find the gauge tomorrow.I ran the cable over the darksoft board for the shortest possible length.
Found it "4 Core 14/0.20 Multiwire Cable White"

13/0.20 is 21AWG
16/0.20 is 20AWG

Last edited:
Did you remove the resistor on CN2? If so, you will need to reinstate it

Hi Xodarap. This board didn’t have the resistor. It was a factory modified version 4 board which was running Marvel vs Capcom.

Back