What's new

geldra

Student
Reaction score
Good morning,

I recently took a punt on a motherboard but I haven’t been able to test it yet (waiting for a superbios cart and scsi2sd to arrive).

In the meantime I have given the board a visual inspection (obvs I have tested it in a cab, I just get a black screen) and it looks like it is missing 2 ICs and a capacitor.

Would someone be able to point me in the direction of where I could get the parts (and what the actual parts i’m looking for are called) please?

I have seen there’s a cap kit available. I’m in the UK so would be keen to pick up the components locally (ish) if possible.

I have attached a photo with missing components highlighted.

Thank you!

Attachments

• A9FD172D-4235-41AD-885B-80C573225F87.jpeg
    A9FD172D-4235-41AD-885B-80C573225F87.jpeg
    655.2 KB · Views: 259
Good morning,

I recently took a punt on a motherboard but I haven’t been able to test it yet (waiting for a superbios cart and scsi2sd to arrive).

In the meantime I have given the board a visual inspection (obvs I have tested it in a cab, I just get a black screen) and it looks like it is missing 2 ICs and a capacitor.

Would someone be able to point me in the direction of where I could get the parts (and what the actual parts i’m looking for are called) please?

I have seen there’s a cap kit available. I’m in the UK so would be keen to pick up the components locally (ish) if possible.

I have attached a photo with missing components highlighted.

Thank you!
On the left, a 47uF 16V capacitor is missing, and on the right CRE438 65 resistance network is missing.

Just for mere curiosity.... what are the values of that RN (CRE438 65)?

Does anyone know if the CRE438 65 resistance network is an off the shelf part or a Capcom custom component?

The 'CRE438-65' is likely a custom resistor array used for inputs handling.I don't know if it's used on other Capcom hardware, it could be present under different part name.it's very easy to reproduce it (like I did for many other similar components), I woud need a donor part or the resistance values at least.
Anyway, its lack doesn't prevent the board to boot in any way.
is it a 10 pin part?

Yes they have 10 pins.

What impact will it have on the board with it being missing?

Ah! :)

So it’ll boot but some inputs may not be registered?

So, in terms of a replacement (if that’s an offer?), I could either try and desolder an existing one or get the values you need?

Exactly.
So, in terms of a replacement (if that’s an offer?), I could either try and desolder an existing one or get the values you need?
Yes but keep in mind it's not a standard resistor array hence the internal structure must be figured out before you can measure the resistence values.I also think the part contains some capacitors for filtering like it happens for other similar part.Anyway, I think you should first focus on trying the board then you can take care on the missing parts.

Last edited:
Agreed. The board could be totally dead even if these parts were there.

If it’s ok, i’ll update once I’ve been able to test.

Thanks!

Exactly.
Yes but keep in mind it's not a standard resistor array hence the internal structure must be figured out before you can measure the resistence values.I also think the part contains some capacitors for filtering like it happens for other similar part.Anyway, I think you shoud first focus on trying the board then you can take care on the missing parts.
Afternoon! So, I received a Super Bios cart from @Darksoft today and thankfully the CPS3 motherboard boots ok.

Unfortunately it looks like those missing components control the 1P controls as I can’t control the cursor when in the Super Bios menu.

So @caius, can I ask for your help in getting replacements? Where do we start?

Back