What's new

BackInTime82

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Matt and I live in Indianapolis, IN. I've been collecting and restoring arcade games from the 1970s and early 1980s for about seven years. When I bought my first game, a Pac Man cabaret, I knew nearly nothing about repairing vintage electronics. I have a background in chemical engineering so thankfully some of that experience transferred over quite well to this hobby. Once I realized current flowing through a circuit follows the same principles as liquid flowing through a pipe, I was hooked. I read books, watched videos and combed online forums for months educating myself. Fast forward to today and several hundred repairs later, I can say I'm officially obsessed. It's a great thrill and very worthwhile venture bringing this old stuff back from the dead.

I stumbled upon this forum in search of the DECO multigame kit designed by Darksoft as I recently picked up a nice cabinet with the cassette hardware still intact. I've always been fascinated by early attempts at game interchangeability and security. While the cassette system was certainly innovative for its time, finding all of the security dongles would be a daunting task today. There are some great titles on the platform and I look forward to installing a kit in my game.

I'm excited to learn about other arcade projects for older games. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this hobby. I love seeing projects that breathe new life into hardware that's almost four decades old!

Hey I’m pretty new here too but welcome and I’m glad to see another Indiana dude!

Back