• 1ms polling, it means low latency and fast response from USB2DB15
  • Open Source firmware, so everyone on the community can colabore
  • DB15 pinout standard ready for Neo Geo, Minigun, and HAS superguns
  • 4 customizable and storable mapping configurations
  • 10 customizable and storable controller profiles
  • Status LED
  • Protection circuit for your belevod controllers

2. Technical information:​

The USB2DB15 adapter is an Open Sourced device based on an AVR microcontroller. It adapts a USB controller for use on a Jamma PCB via a Supergun or Neo-Geo hardware with controller ports. Presently, a variety of common controllers are supported; such as ones that follow the PS3/PS4 DualShock, PS5 DualSense and Xbox 360/One protocols. Due to the diversity of controllers available and differing standards there may be some controllers that will not work with the USB2DB15 or may not work as intended. Please be patient during these early stages and feel free to contact the developers with additional information and requests for help with your USB2DB15 adapter via our communication channels (GitHub, Discord, Arcade-Projects forum).

We are using a modified USB Host Shield 2.0 library for controller IDs that aren't natively supported.

In regards to hardware there are currently two options:

• A Custom PCB that accommodates and integrates an Arduino Pro Mini, USB Shield Mini and other relevant hardware.
  • A Standalone PCB that incorporates all the required hardware in a standalone form (currently in development).
Alternatively you can simply use a breadboard to tie it all together.

A basic understanding of Arduino and its programming environment is required. Visit arduino.cc to help you get started.

sYRVOBI.png

Custom PCB for Arduino Pro Mini

You can get more info and downloads on our Github repository.

VeexGQJ.png

There's a Discord server for live chat:
LZJjOUJ.png

Consider supporting this project by making a donation, so we can acquire new controllers and increase the compatibility list even more!
HLIpaCQ.png

I thank those who collaborated directly with the project.

- NearlyLogical beta testing and code improvement implementation
- Frank_fjs for beta testing and all in one PCB design
- fluxcore for beta testing
- suverman for beta testing
- akiramishima for beta testing
- SpaceJockey for beta testing

===========================================================================

Attachments

• voZmPqe.jpg
    voZmPqe.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 1,023
Last edited:
Nice work @Raph_friend, maybe with this research, USB inputs could be natively included in Superguns of the future?

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Let me know if you need help with testing.

Nice work @Raph_friend, maybe with this research, USB inputs could be natively included in Superguns of the future?
It would need to be condensed down a fair bit. As it stands there's way too much hardware to neatly integrate into a supergun.

The USB host shield would need to be ditched and implemented onto the main Atmega.

Easily, but i think that it still should be external (or socketed) for possible future problems (like blown AVR) or updates/reprogram. But i preted to implement a small circuit for protection from a possible bad PSU, so it's really better if can be external, but of course, it's a open source project, you can use as you wish.

@Frank_fjs i don't know if you remember, but we talked about this project long time ago, i let it a little IDLE, so @fluxcore asked on Jotego FPGA's discord if that was possible and i said that i was thinking about it for some time. So, 1 months ago i did this implementation come to life and i want to release soon and everyone can use. If you want to help, please send me a PM and we can see how can arrange the things.

Last edited:
I've just begun diving into this and it's really awesome and quite promising.

I'm using an Arduino UNO and full sized USB shield for now, to get me up and running.

I purchased a PS4 DS controller today solely for this project. It works flawlessly!

116852256_10221183539351107_3255577264852490649_n.jpg

Have also been able to get a generic PlayStation USB controller, SNES USB controller and an 8bitdo controller working with a few quirks needing to be ironed out, but it's a great start.

Raph will design a PCB to neatly integrate it all together, for those who aren't as DIY inclined. I'd encourage people to give it a go and help with testing, there's a ton of controllers out there to test.

Interested ultimately to see how this handles input lag and all the different types of sticks out there. I know there’s a huge community (myself included) mainly using PS3/360 sticks. I have a PS4 stick but it rarely gets used.

I won’t be replacing my two UD-USB adapters though as they work flawlessly, but more options are always a good thing in this hobby.

Good work @Raph_friend

I've just begun diving into this and it's really awesome and quite promising.

I'm using an Arduino UNO and full sized USB shield for now, to get me up and running.

I purchased a PS4 DS controller today solely for this project. It works flawlessly!

116852256_10221183539351107_3255577264852490649_n.jpg

Have also been able to get a generic PlayStation USB controller, SNES USB controller and an 8bitdo controller working with a few quirks needing to be ironed out, but it's a great start.

Raph will design a PCB to neatly integrate it all together, for those who aren't as DIY inclined. I'd encourage people to give it a go and help with testing, there's a ton of controllers out there to test.
Looks great! Thanks for testing it and support!
Interested ultimately to see how this handles input lag and all the different types of sticks out there. I know there’s a huge community (myself included) mainly using PS3/360 sticks. I have a PS4 stick but it rarely gets used.

I won’t be replacing my two UD-USB adapters though as they work flawlessly, but more options are always a good thing in this hobby.

Good work @Raph_friend
I really like UD adapter and i have one myself, but as you said, more options are always nice.

Probabaly it will be released soon, i'm just preparing a good documentation.

Thanks guys.

This is really cool to see coming along! My only gripe with the UD adapters are consistant availability (and occasionally cost when buying in bulk). If there's something I know I can just put together myself, I'll almost always take that route. Right now, the UDUSBs are the only widely accepted adapter that the retro FGC tends to approve of because of its low lag, so if it can meet the same kind of standards, I would be 200% on board with making a switch to something new if it means I can build at my leisure.

I sadly don't have much personal experience with it myself since I mainly deal in supergun setups, but the Ive advocated in the past for public cabs to consider adding in-line UDs so pad players can participate on the same cabinets if they so choose. Would these also eventually have the same middle-man functionality/design option? I know its open source, so technically anything is possible if you want to put in the elbow grease, but Im just curious if that would be something you're considering implementing from the get-go.

Great stuff! Subbing to the thread and can't wait to see more and try it myself sometime! :thumbsup:

This is really cool to see coming along! My only gripe with the UD adapters are consistant availability (and occasionally cost when buying in bulk). If there's something I know I can just put together myself, I'll almost always take that route. Right now, the UDUSBs are the only widely accepted adapter that the retro FGC tends to approve of because of its low lag, so if it can meet the same kind of standards, I would be 200% on board with making a switch to something new if it means I can build at my leisure.

I sadly don't have much personal experience with it myself since I mainly deal in supergun setups, but the Ive advocated in the past for public cabs to consider adding in-line UDs so pad players can participate on the same cabinets if they so choose. Would these also eventually have the same middle-man functionality/design option? I know its open source, so technically anything is possible if you want to put in the elbow grease, but Im just curious if that would be something you're considering implementing from the get-go.

Great stuff! Subbing to the thread and can't wait to see more and try it myself sometime! :thumbsup:
I think that the best way is test the adapters side by side, don't?

What you mean about "middle-man functionality/design option"? Can you give me any example, source, whatever?

It's a open source, but we still have some limitations because we are using a simple AVR to the de I/O implementation, so we need be a little cautious.

Looks promising and I eagerly await the final release!

Happy to also assist with testing.
You can start to buy the arduino and usb host shield, i will release it soon, i wish.

of course! Though admittedly this would require some hardware + know-how that I don't really have. Typically this twitter thread is what I turn people to when they doubt the low-lag from the UDs.

WydD lag measurements thread

Raph_friend said:
What you mean about "middle-man functionality/design option"? Can you give me any example, source, whatever?
here's a little example video (not mine).

UD "install" in VS city

You can basically make a split cable that goes from the game pcb -> UD -> Control panel, so players have the option to either use the pre-installed cabinet controls, or their own controller. Particularly useful for "leveling the playing field" if certain players are used to playing with a console controller, or maybe a different joystick gate, but still want to play with their arcade community or enter into retro tournaments.

Typically this twitter thread is what I turn people to when they doubt the low-lag from the UDs.
WydD lag measurements thread

Raph_friend said:
here's a little example video (not mine).
UD "install" in VS city
You guys are free to do the tests, it will help alot!

About the install on arcade cabs, it can be done in the same way as UD.

I have a Madcatz Stick (X360) and a Chinese "Zero Delay" Playstation/USB board, if it helps in any way I could test the compatibility.

Back